Armageddon Now: The Beast, written by Phil Hotsenpillar, drawn by Rob Liefeld and painted by Mike Caprotti will debut, not in a comic store, not even at a comic convention, but at Prophecy Weekend 09.
Armageddon Now is a series of painted comics depicting events based on the New Testament book of Revelation, but with even more guns and explosions. The Beast is its latest chapter.
And with a ten thousand strong audience looking for answers about the end times, The Beast could quite easily sell out of the 1500 conference editions. Printed on heavier stock, with an exclusive cover, will any attendees think to put copies of eBay for the heathen collector? But what if the attendees need a little extra push to purchase?
The conference takes place at Yorba Linda Friends Church in California, where writerof the comic Phil Hotsenpillar is both pastor and lead speaker for the weekend, talking specifically about, well, let’s look at their flier.
Now that’s what I call product placement. They’ve even used Liefeld artwork event on their website. Darn, I really should have tried selling Flying Friar there…
Liefeld is also making a special folder for the comic available at ProphecyCon with an Armageddon Now timeline.
The regular edition of the comic will ship to comic book stores later this month.
An on Sunday, it’s my turn to be the heathen, I won’t be going church with my kids, instead we will be attending a family media preview of Pixar’s Up in London. Yes a preview. It only comes out in the UK in October. I know, I know. Look, at least we got Shaun Of The Dead a year early.
- Two Meta-Looks at Comics From Marvel and DC This Week - October 19, 2018
- Archie Comics Cancels Their Marvel Digest Volumes - October 19, 2018
- Marvel Comics Challenge Another Punisher Trademark Application by Militia Group - October 19, 2018
- So Why Are There No Comic Book Unions Then? - October 19, 2018
- Jim Steranko, Ron Frenz, George Perez, Barry Kitson and Alan Davis on The Liberty Brigade - October 19, 2018