I’m reminded how weird it was to watch official-looking people pleading to get into the Radical Comics party at San Diego Comic Con.
I walked up and heard a guy trying to get in. He mentioned a company name “plus four guests.” The security guy said, “We don’t have company names on here, just the names of people admitted.” The guy trying to get in was mad.
The Toronto Sun pours love over the Fan Expo
Dissapearance Diary‘s appearance on the Ignatz nominations gets noted.
The Boston Herald give more space to AD: New Orleans After The Deluge, Asteroids Polyps and George Sprott, confirming the triumverate indie-comics-that-make-headlines-reviews-of-2009, which finding some spare love for Neil Gaiman’s Batman.
Don McPherson gets further comment from Tokyo Pop’s on King City being published through Image Comics.
We saw it as an opportunity to test the waters of the floppy market, in which we have had interest for a while, but were a bit cautious, especially in this retail environment. It seemed natural to partner with a company that has its finger on the proverbial pulse of the floppy market…. We also felt, of course, that King City was a perfect fit for the mainstream comic audience, as its art and style was always more on the indie comic end of the spectrum than manga.
Yesterday’s story about Diane Nelson taking over at DC Comics caused some chatter, with Heidi McDonald confirming it as a story she’s been hearing (but hadn’t run until I was there to take the flak!) and Valerie D’Orazio geeking out about a woman back in charge of DC. And noting that someone at Time Warner corporate or DC had bookmarked her post shortly after she put it up…
Marvel artist Dave Gutierrez has been playing with thrash metal band Social Decay as part of a promotion for car donation charity Kars4Kids. He’s the one in the shades…
- More DC Comics Move From 20 to 22 Pages For $3.99 With Aquaman and Justice League Joining In - October 16, 2018
- Dan Slott Applies to Trademark a Comic Book Called ‘Future Me’ - October 16, 2018
- Details On The ‘King-Size’ Kirby Is Fantastic Hardcover From Marvel Comics – The First of Many - October 16, 2018
- Galactus Comes to the Fantastic Four in January - October 16, 2018
- Full Catalog For BOOM! Studios January 2019 Solicitations – Brings Buffy to the Yard With the Avant-Guards - October 16, 2018