The Media Development Authority of Singapore has announced eight graphic novels by local talent, funded by the First Time Writers and Illustrators Publishing Initiative and published through Chuang Yi Publishing. Each creator received $8000 and were mentored by Chuang Yi. Damn.Everyone move to Singapore immediately!
Malorie Blackman lists her Top Ten Graphic Novels For Teengers in The Guardian, and as ell as usual suspects like V for Vendetta, Sin City, Maus and Watchmen, lists Chronicles of Wormwood. it’s also refreshing to see such a list filled with comics that mny comic shops wouldn’t actually sell to younger teenagers. Kudos there.
Can Christians like Spider-Man? This thorny topic is delved into in Excuse Me… This Is The Truth, a play being performed in the Edmonton Theatre Festival.
Is there no such publicity as bad publicity? The Daily Record reports on repeat sex offender Kevin Fyffe being beaten up in jail by the convicted rapist Robert Green, telling us that Fyffe’s nickname is “The Thing” as he resembles Ben Grimm from the Fantastic Four… thanks for that, Daily Record.
Nikki Finke lets us know that as part of the pitch process for District 9, the production team make a fake graphic novel of the movie. See? You don’t even have to publish a comic to get it made as a movie…
From Ira Rubenstein, Marvel Executive Vice President- “We are not doing movie-based games anymore… Actually, wait … we are not doing crappy movie-based games anymore. You can quote me on that.” Thank you Ira, we did!
- The Other History Of The DC Universe by John Ridley Vs Glory Scroll/Black Reign by Michael Davis - October 20, 2018
- Why 5 Kid Comics of California May Be Closing Down - October 20, 2018
- Gary Reed’s Final Comic, Savants, to See Print in 2019 - October 20, 2018
- In Depth Look at This Yu-Gi-Oh! Thing the Kids Go On About – Part Three - October 20, 2018
- Colleen Douglas and Chris Zero to Launch ‘God of Bad Men’ in January - October 20, 2018