Marvel may have led with the news that the Sony PSP will be lanching hundreds of Marvel comics as part of their new Digital Comics offering, but this is not a one-publisher-only format. The October/November/December (no one is quite sure) launching format from Sony will also list non-Marvel comics and graphic novels… though don’t expect DC for a bit now. Just worth clarifying over some coverage.
Variety mentions Image and Archie as providing content and The Guardian lists IDW and iVerse as other publishers on board and but adds that more will join, as well as reminding readers that this is not a first for comics, listing the Metal Gear Solid comic and the bunch of titles made available for free. The difference this time does seem to be the quality of the reader software… and of course, Marvel Comics.
The publisher won’t be offering new titles however, with Classic and Digital First titles common to the Marvel Digital Comics Unlimited service looking like they’ll be made available. However the Marvel Twitter feed was keen to repeatedly emphasise that the PSP and Marvel DCU services are different…
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who – Rosa - October 21, 2018
- Rosa – The First Doctor Who to Make Me Cry Since Father’s Day - October 21, 2018
- Trailer for Next Week’s Doctor Who: Arachnids In The UK - October 21, 2018
- Rick & Morty Exclusives From MCM London Comic Con - October 21, 2018
- Donny Cates Delighted by Funko Exclusives at MCM London Comic Con Next Weekend - October 21, 2018