Neil Gaiman will be directing his second film two weeks time. It will be a ten minute silent movie based on the script he has written as part of a series of silent films to be broadcast in the UK at the end of the year. And most likely torrented twelve seconds after broadcast.
It’s an odd departure for a man with a reputation for using the finest of words, to throw them out but then, I guess, you know, that’s probably the point.
The world renowned fantasy writer, comic book author and recent Hugo winner for The Graveyard Book writes in his blog today that he is in London today to interview “editors, production designers, costume people and the like.”
However Gaiman is as silent about the movie as the movie itself is silent (okay, that was clumsy but lets roll with it). His first film, A Short Film About John Bolton was made six years ago.
You know, one day, Warner are just going to let him make Death: The High Cost Of Living and then everyone will be happy.
Neil? Can we have just one scene where the central character pours custard into a hat then puts it on his head? It wouldn’t be a silent film without it.
- More on Free Comic Book Day 2019/Star Wars Day Than Just The Comics - December 18, 2018
- The Daily LITG, 18th December 2018, Okay, Really One Week To Go - December 18, 2018
- DC Comics March 2019 Solicits Has – or Had – Eric Esquivel Writing Nightwing - December 17, 2018
- DC Comics March 2019 Solicits Subject to Cover Leaks – Including Detective Comics #1000 - December 17, 2018
- The Twelve Gold Titles For Free Comic Book Day 2019, Revealed – Whedonverse, Riverdale Season 2 1/2, The Road to TMNT 100 and More - December 17, 2018