Diamond Previews updated earlier with the latest cover of Previews, that gave the Big Bad reveal away for Blackest Night. And now it’s gone. Was this a spoiler? Was this unfortunate timing? Was this a leak?
Not a bit of it. The editorial, creative and marketing team at DC Comics want you to know. This is intentional.
Grant Morrison has talked a bit about using the reaction to comics stories online as part of the reader experience of a comic book story. But Geoff Johns is living it. This, today, reading the Diamond Comics listing or the upcoming IGN interview, is when you are meant to discover the identity of the… individual. Click here to see who it is for yourself.
It’s just that you were meant to have read the IGN interview first. So Diamond pulled back the cover. As it were.
Which brings questions as to whether the identity of certain Black Lanterns seen in DC Direct toy listings an age ago was also just as deliberate? Apparently yes, yes it was.
Either way, if you don’t want to play their game that’s fine. Don’t click here. I said don’t. Although, apparently, there are free pies if you do. And just in case we have hilariously disguised the Previews cover with Microsoft Paint for this article, just in case you don’t want to play their cold, callous, knowing game…
And also watch out for that IGN interview later today…
Basically I’d turn off the internet. Goodbye.
- Photos: Inside Last Night’s Blade Runner VIP Party At San Diego Comic-Con - July 20, 2017
- The Tempest – Alan Moore And Kevin O’Neill’s Final League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen Announced - July 20, 2017
- San Diego Comic-Con 2017 On Video: From One Side Of The Show To The Other - July 20, 2017
- Marvel Releases First Poster For ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ At San Diego Comic-Con - July 20, 2017
- Footage From Kingsman 2: The Golden Circle Shown At San Diego Comic-Con – Halle Berry Just Chugged Half A Glass Of Bourbon - July 20, 2017