They Walk Among Us is one of the oldest comic shops in Britain, though it is better known as the comic shop that Tim Bisley worked at in Spaced, and the shop the Red Dwarf characters tried to find information about themselves in the recent revival of the show.
Founded by Jon and Sabrina Browne twenty-two years ago, and the oldest surviving Princes Youth Business Trust company, They Walk Among Us is situated in Richmond, London where it has survived all sorts of ups and downs in the market.
But it doesn’t end there. The shop will be bought up and rebranded by Ace Comics, making it their sixth store and first in London. Ace now become the third biggest comic store chain in the UK, that is if you count the two different Forbidden Planet chains separately. If not, then it’s the second.
The transfer of ownership and name change will take place at the end of September. And, as is Jon and Sabrina Browne’s way, there’s very likely to be a party. Maybe with a few familiar faces present…
- The Other History Of The DC Universe by John Ridley Vs Glory Scroll/Black Reign by Michael Davis - October 20, 2018
- Why 5 Kid Comics of California May Be Closing Down - October 20, 2018
- Gary Reed’s Final Comic, Savants, to See Print in 2019 - October 20, 2018
- In Depth Look at This Yu-Gi-Oh! Thing the Kids Go On About – Part Three - October 20, 2018
- Colleen Douglas and Chris Zero to Launch ‘God of Bad Men’ in January - October 20, 2018