They Walk Among Us is one of the oldest comic shops in Britain, though it is better known as the comic shop that Tim Bisley worked at in Spaced, and the shop the Red Dwarf characters tried to find information about themselves in the recent revival of the show.
Founded by Jon and Sabrina Browne twenty-two years ago, and the oldest surviving Princes Youth Business Trust company, They Walk Among Us is situated in Richmond, London where it has survived all sorts of ups and downs in the market.
But it doesn’t end there. The shop will be bought up and rebranded by Ace Comics, making it their sixth store and first in London. Ace now become the third biggest comic store chain in the UK, that is if you count the two different Forbidden Planet chains separately. If not, then it’s the second.
The transfer of ownership and name change will take place at the end of September. And, as is Jon and Sabrina Browne’s way, there’s very likely to be a party. Maybe with a few familiar faces present…
- Patrick Zircher Talks About His Trials With Editors - December 15, 2018
- New Ms Marvel Writer Seeks Mistakes Men Make When Writing About Teenage Girls - December 15, 2018
- ‘Neal Adams Is Full Of Crap’ – Roy Thomas Refutes Claims About the Kree/Skrull War - December 15, 2018
- Victoria McNally, Valiant’s Senior Marketing & Communications Manager, Also Out - December 15, 2018
- How The Graphic Novel Sale is Looking at Ollie’s Bargain Outlet - December 15, 2018