A few weeks ago, Bleeding Cool ran an unofficial set shot from the filming of Chris Morris’ Boilerhouse (working title, Four Lions). The dark comedy movie follows the lines of four British jihadists as their train for a suicide mission against their own country.
The mailing list for the movie, Fundingmentalism has just release three new filming shots that have, shall we say, a little more location to them.
The mailer confirms that
The film that you helped & encouraged is now all but fully shot” and that “The edit is well underway and we will complete filming well before the end of the year… In the meantime – if you haven’t noticed us doing press ups in SWAT or blowing up shopping centres in Greenwich, here are some pictures from the shoot you have supported.
The filming of Boilerhouse/Four Lions has been secretive, specifically due to the sensitive nature of the movie which was rejected by many places before becoming a Warp films/Channel Four production. Confirmed actors include Adeel Akhtar, Kevin Eldon, Darren Boyd, Marcus Garvey and Nigel Lindsay. It is written by Chris Morris, Sam Bain and Jesse Armstrong (Peep Show) and directed by Chris Morris. First assistant director was Tom White.
Chris Morris has been described as a media terrorist and his shows The Day Today and Brass Eye elevated prankster TV to an art form. he is probably the principal influence on Sacha Baron Cohen, and he’s known not so much for pushing the envelope as posting the envelope to another land where they do things very diffeently and not paying the excess postage.
Let’s have a few clips just for old times’ sake.
- Jessica Jones Meets Roger Rabbit – Black Cloud #1, Out This April, From Jason Latour, Ivan Brandon, Greg Finkle, Matt Wilson And Image Comics - January 16, 2017
- CBLDF Tackles New Hampshire Bill That Would Restrict Reading In Schools - January 16, 2017
- Russia Uses Comics To Target Migrants For Looking At Women, Eating On The Street Or Talking Loudly - January 16, 2017
- The First Exclusive Retailer Variant With An Exclusive Extra Eight Pages Too – X-O Manowar For Collector’s Paradise - January 16, 2017
- Could Sony Sell Spider-Man To CBS? - January 16, 2017