A few weeks ago, Bleeding Cool ran an unofficial set shot from the filming of Chris Morris’ Boilerhouse (working title, Four Lions). The dark comedy movie follows the lines of four British jihadists as their train for a suicide mission against their own country.
The mailing list for the movie, Fundingmentalism has just release three new filming shots that have, shall we say, a little more location to them.
The mailer confirms that
The film that you helped & encouraged is now all but fully shot” and that “The edit is well underway and we will complete filming well before the end of the year… In the meantime – if you haven’t noticed us doing press ups in SWAT or blowing up shopping centres in Greenwich, here are some pictures from the shoot you have supported.
The filming of Boilerhouse/Four Lions has been secretive, specifically due to the sensitive nature of the movie which was rejected by many places before becoming a Warp films/Channel Four production. Confirmed actors include Adeel Akhtar, Kevin Eldon, Darren Boyd, Marcus Garvey and Nigel Lindsay. It is written by Chris Morris, Sam Bain and Jesse Armstrong (Peep Show) and directed by Chris Morris. First assistant director was Tom White.
Chris Morris has been described as a media terrorist and his shows The Day Today and Brass Eye elevated prankster TV to an art form. he is probably the principal influence on Sacha Baron Cohen, and he’s known not so much for pushing the envelope as posting the envelope to another land where they do things very diffeently and not paying the excess postage.
Let’s have a few clips just for old times’ sake.
- Vampironica #3 and Catalyst Prime: Noble #10 Orders Cancelled, but Will Resolicit - March 22, 2018
- Luke Skywalker Still Loving His Blue Milk in Star Wars Comics - March 22, 2018
- Alan Moore and Kevin O’Neill Have Two Comics Out in June – and We Have Two Pages From Them - March 22, 2018
- Frankie Boyle’s Rex Royd Comic Complete For The First Time in Titan Comics June 2018 Solicits - March 21, 2018
- Umami – The Latest Comic From ‘I Kill Giants’ Co-Creator and Artist Ken Niimura - March 21, 2018