“The man in the sky is not coming to save you.”
Supergod is the new series by Warren Ellis and Garrie Gastony (Caliber, Radical Publishing) that kicks off the first of five issues in November, to be announced at the Avatar panel at WizardWorld Chicago Comic Con today.
If Black Summer was about superheroes with too human concerns, and No Hero about superheroes with inhuman concerns. SuperGod is about a superhero who has left humanity behind and might, too all intents and purposes be a god. Precedents for this kind of material include Maximortal, Dr Manhattan and, well, Marvelman.
It’s quite gratifying for a man who decried mainstream superheroes, as nothing more that the equivalent of nurse novels tang over almost all prose literature, even as he was working on them, has found a new voice to write very different takes on the concept.
Oh and look, cover art for Freakangels Vol 3 for November and for Captain Swing And The Electrical Pirates Of Cindery Island in January. The latter Warren Ellis and Raulo (Crecy) Cacares’ attempt to have the kind of title that kills some retailers’ databases, a four issue cyberpunk series shipping that seems to have aspects in common with Aetherial Mechanics. as Scence looks like Magic in 1830s London…
You know if Warren ever left Avatar they’d be really screwed.
- Titan Scorch Earth on Diablo Comic Book Listings - October 17, 2018
- DC Comics Cancels All Orders for Sandman: Overture Gallery Edition – For Now - October 17, 2018
- Tibalt Appears on Magic The Gathering: Chandra #3, Fandom Goes Wild - October 17, 2018
- Fortnite Parody Comic ‘Fartnite’ to be Published From Remy Eisu Mokhtar and Chris Crosby - October 17, 2018
- Sarah Kuhn and Alitha Martinez Return to Barbie Comics, in Papercutz January 2019 Solicitations - October 17, 2018