Not everything can be Josh Hoopes.
I’m sitting here in a little cottage in Norfolk where I’ve taken a mini-break with the kids (and giving my wife a little peace after I went to San Diego – it’s only fair). And yay, it’s got wi-fi!
In the Philippines there is a national scandal over the decision to name Magno Jose “Carlo” Caparas a “National Artist” in the category of Visual Artist. Caparas is best known for his film and comic book work, and the government is being criticided severely. Some for the questionable quality of his movies, others because he has the temerity to write comics for other artists to draw, with previous winners speaking out to the extent that the Phillipines Palace had to get involved, defending the decision and people have started polls…
There was none of this when Bryan Talbot got his Doctorate. Maybe there should have been!
Stuff Of Legend, as featured in Bleeding Cool, burned through its overprint stock yesterday, with over a thousand extra copies flying out of the door, and the company Th3rd World Studios having to make the unprecedented decison over a second print two days after the first print shipped.
John Barrowman looks set to storm the UK charts with his single I Made It Through The Rain. And naturally someone has gone and taken the track and set it to Ianto.
Dynamite have The Lone Ranger and Green Hornet licences for comics – what are the odds they’ll find a way to reconnect the character’s familial relationship?
Oh and go on then, because you’ve been good, comics industry con artist on his yacht.
- Solo Continues the Fireflying of the Star Wars Universe – A Spoiler-Free Review - May 24, 2018
- Rebellion to Publish Comics Based On Their Sniper Elite Games in August - May 24, 2018
- 2000AD Publisher Relaunches Classic British Comics as the Rebellion-Verse - May 24, 2018
- Michael Uslan Brings Back Dinosaucers in Lion Forge’s August 2018 Solicits - May 24, 2018
- Dave Sim Creates Nick Calm, Agent of C.O.D.P.I.E.C.E. - May 24, 2018