It’s another one of those missing signposts of comics. Knights of Pendragon by Dan Abnett, John Tomlinson, and Gary Erskine created the Marvel UK line of books, fairly accidentally. Ostensibly an enviromentally aware action adventure, it took the minor cast from Captain Britain books, expanded upon them and created a remarkable horrific supernatural adventure, with coloured art, recycled paper and Alan Davis covers.
Sadly not all the Marvel UK books this series spawned lived up to the promise of this title, including it’s more superhero-themed sequel. But this original series did and it deserves this revival on the back of the publisher’s success with Captain Britain, Death’s Head and Dragon’s Claws titles.
The title can be ordered from Amazon UK here.
- Avatar Press Has 753 Comics On Sale On Comixology Right Now - July 20, 2018
- Dale Eaglesham’s Shazam With Geoff Johns in November – and a Killing Zone That Will Span a Political Century - July 20, 2018
- The Men (and It Is The Men) Who Design the Marvel Costumes That Everyone Cosplays From – Marvel Studios 10 Years Panel at SDCC - July 20, 2018
- Everything You Knew About Marvel Comics Was Wrong – #MarvelDeclassified On Monday - July 20, 2018
- San Diego Zoo Joins In the Comics Exclusives With Vixen And The Justice League: Wildlife Heroes - July 20, 2018