Bryan Talbot received an honorary Doctorate Of Arts at Sunderland University this weekend, the first such doctorate granted to a comics artist.
Regarding the Spider-Man Broadway musical, Turn Off The Dark, Bono told the BBC that that the show will feature a “new” villain, but that she had appeared once in the Spider-Man comics. Yup folks, that’s a confirmed “she”…
Actor Phil Lamarr, who plays Hermes Conrad, is ticked that Futurama roles are open to casting for Comedy Central’s new series – though it’s probably a negotiating ploy. Nevertheless he publishes the casting call that’s out there, saying;
Let the powers-that-be know how you, the people who gave the show ratings, bought DVDs, put money in their pockets and brought the show back from the dead, feel about the recasting.
Indian based middle-class superhero Chacha Chadboury, known as “The Turbanator”, is to expand his territory. A successful crime fighting cartoon character for over forty years, into computer games and licensing deals forstationary, ice-cream and T-shirts in fifteen countries including the US and UK
And to round this all off, Dallas-based Bendis board longstay member Keith P initially alleged that he might have been on the receiving end of what they call in the trade, a sex act, by a lead actor in the TV series Heroes, before realising that the guy in question was just too short… the funniest thread I’ve read this year.
You know, these Runaround pieces are just turning into old Lying In The Gutters columns aren’t they?
- Marvel Comics to Relaunch Captain America #1 On the Fourth Of July, 2018 - February 22, 2018
- Can We Expect the Ta-Nehisi Coates Captain America News Next Week? - February 22, 2018
- The First of the Exclusive ComicsPRO Variants Hit eBay, from $10 to $50 - February 22, 2018
- Amazing Spider-Man #794 Goes to Third Printing - February 22, 2018
- DC Comics Makes Aquaman LED Signs for Comic Stores - February 22, 2018