Directors of Menace II Society and From Hell, Albert and Allen Hughes signed The Twelve and The Filth artist Chris Weston to create storyboards and concept art for their upcoming feature, The Book Of Eli. It was this work that took him away from The Twelve for a period (and a longer period after Hollywood rediscovered writer Joe Michael Straczynski.
The movie is a post-apocalyptic actioner starring Denzel Washington, Gary Oldman and Ray Stevenson. Weston will attend the Warner Bos presentation of the movie on Friday at San Diego, and will be signing the posters over at The Warner Brothers Booth.
Weston wasn’t the only comics creator working on the film, Tommy Lee Edwards was the main concept artist on the film and he’s also produced a poster, to be seen at Con. I wonder if I can get a copy of that as well?
- Watchmen Lenticular Covers For Batman And Flash “The Button” Story Won’t Be In Previews – Retailers Have To Order Now - January 18, 2017
- Justice League/Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #1 Gets A Nice New Cover For Its Second Print… - January 18, 2017
- Looks Like Captain Marvel Was Right About Civil War II – But Has The US President Abandoned Her? - January 18, 2017
- DC Comics’ New Gay Superhero, The Ray – In His Own Words - January 18, 2017
- Valiant Goes To Space – Six Pages From X-O Manowar #1 - January 18, 2017