Directors of Menace II Society and From Hell, Albert and Allen Hughes signed The Twelve and The Filth artist Chris Weston to create storyboards and concept art for their upcoming feature, The Book Of Eli. It was this work that took him away from The Twelve for a period (and a longer period after Hollywood rediscovered writer Joe Michael Straczynski.
The movie is a post-apocalyptic actioner starring Denzel Washington, Gary Oldman and Ray Stevenson. Weston will attend the Warner Bos presentation of the movie on Friday at San Diego, and will be signing the posters over at The Warner Brothers Booth.
Weston wasn’t the only comics creator working on the film, Tommy Lee Edwards was the main concept artist on the film and he’s also produced a poster, to be seen at Con. I wonder if I can get a copy of that as well?
- Speculators Hoovering Up BLACK on eBay – When They Can Find It - April 23, 2018
- BLACK, the Superhero Comic Where Only Black People Get Superpowers, to Be a Film Franchise from Studio 8 - April 23, 2018
- Frank Cho Draws Aunt May’s Wheatcakes for Amazing Spider-Man #800 Cover - April 23, 2018
- ComicBooks for Kids at the Diamond Summit 2018 (VIDEO) - April 23, 2018
- The 28 Covers Of Tony Stark: Iron Man – And How Retailers Can Order Them - April 23, 2018