It’s not just the Adam Strange strip in Wednesday Comics that’s been keeping Paul Pope busy. He’s also been working with Complex, taking material from a photoshoot and redrawing women based on those shots. And so we have two young ladies in various poses, one drawn, one not, in a house of mirrors.
Some people, unfairly I think, make fun of artists who use men’s magazines as a basis to create comic book artwork. It’s a refreshing change to see a high-profile talent like Paul Pope being so open about it. And probably terribly highly paid in the process.
You can see the “Making Of” photoshoot video below it’s not exactly NSFW but I wouldn’t be caught watching it too closely when your boss is looking over your shoulder.
- Amazing Spider-Man #794 Goes to Third Printing - February 22, 2018
- DC Comics Makes Aquaman LED Signs for Comic Stores - February 22, 2018
- Okay… How About a Fantastic Four #1 for June as Well? - February 22, 2018
- More DC/Hanna-Barbera Crossover Comics, Including Super-Sons/Dynomutt - February 22, 2018
- Marvel’s Fresh Start and Rick Remender and Bengal’s Death Or Glory on Front of Next Week’s Diamond Previews - February 22, 2018