It’s not just the Adam Strange strip in Wednesday Comics that’s been keeping Paul Pope busy. He’s also been working with Complex, taking material from a photoshoot and redrawing women based on those shots. And so we have two young ladies in various poses, one drawn, one not, in a house of mirrors.
Some people, unfairly I think, make fun of artists who use men’s magazines as a basis to create comic book artwork. It’s a refreshing change to see a high-profile talent like Paul Pope being so open about it. And probably terribly highly paid in the process.
You can see the “Making Of” photoshoot video below it’s not exactly NSFW but I wouldn’t be caught watching it too closely when your boss is looking over your shoulder.
- Blackstar Warrior Gets an Explosive Trailer From Brown Sugar - June 23, 2018
- Nick Derington Drawing Brian Bendis’ Batman for Walmart Exclusive DC Comics - June 23, 2018
- 10 Things We Can Tell You About Ta-Nehisi Coates’ Captain America #1 With Leinil Yu - June 23, 2018
- UPS Strike Off, Comic Stores Spared Disruption - June 23, 2018
- Heavy Metal’s Taarna Gets a Funko POP, Exclusive at SDCC 2018 - June 23, 2018