It’s not just the Adam Strange strip in Wednesday Comics that’s been keeping Paul Pope busy. He’s also been working with Complex, taking material from a photoshoot and redrawing women based on those shots. And so we have two young ladies in various poses, one drawn, one not, in a house of mirrors.
Some people, unfairly I think, make fun of artists who use men’s magazines as a basis to create comic book artwork. It’s a refreshing change to see a high-profile talent like Paul Pope being so open about it. And probably terribly highly paid in the process.
You can see the “Making Of” photoshoot video below it’s not exactly NSFW but I wouldn’t be caught watching it too closely when your boss is looking over your shoulder.
- Ripping Apart the Last Known Copy of a 50-Year-Old Comic in Order to Save It… - September 20, 2018
- DC Comics Rush-Solicits Geoff Johns’ Run on Aquaman as an Omnibus in Time for the Movie - September 20, 2018
- ‘Let’s Get a Shift On’ – The New Doctor Who Trailer Starring Jodie Whittaker Hits - September 20, 2018
- Daily LITG – 20th September 2018 – One Thing On Batman’s Mind… - September 20, 2018
- Who Will Be the First to Cosplay as Batman: Damned’s Homestuck Girl? - September 19, 2018