Oh okay, okay it’s Ryan Reynolds, recently seen as Wade Wilson/Deadpool in X-Men Origins: Wolverine and slated to play the yuckster mercenary in a Deadpool movie. Whether that will be affected by the Green Lantern news is unknown.
The movie will be directed by Goldeneye and Casino Royale‘s Martin Campbell, and expected to start shooting in January.
Variety reports that Reynolds beat both Bradley Cooper and Jared Leto to the role, but I was still holding out for them to revisit the script that starred Jack Black in the lead role
This script was written by Greg Berlanti with Marc Guggenheim and Michael Gree, and Berlanti will produce with Donald DeLine.
I wonder if they’ll use any CGI on this film or do it all with puppets?
Thanks to OM for visual…
- Expect Voyager’s Story to Continue in Quicksilver: No Surrender – Mark Waid Spotlight at #WonderCon 2018 - March 24, 2018
- Spider-Gwen vs. Venom in New Marvel Funko Animated Short at #WonderCon 2018 - March 24, 2018
- Talking with WonderCon’s Chief Communications & Strategy Officer, David Glanzer - March 24, 2018
- Blank Comic Goes to Eighth Printing - March 24, 2018
- What if Star Trek: The Next Generation Did Their Version of Star Trek: Discovery? #WonderCon - March 24, 2018