Oh okay, okay it’s Ryan Reynolds, recently seen as Wade Wilson/Deadpool in X-Men Origins: Wolverine and slated to play the yuckster mercenary in a Deadpool movie. Whether that will be affected by the Green Lantern news is unknown.
The movie will be directed by Goldeneye and Casino Royale‘s Martin Campbell, and expected to start shooting in January.
Variety reports that Reynolds beat both Bradley Cooper and Jared Leto to the role, but I was still holding out for them to revisit the script that starred Jack Black in the lead role
This script was written by Greg Berlanti with Marc Guggenheim and Michael Gree, and Berlanti will produce with Donald DeLine.
I wonder if they’ll use any CGI on this film or do it all with puppets?
Thanks to OM for visual…
- Ludocrats from Kieron Gillen, David Lafuente, and Jim Rossignol is Coming Soon, Honest - January 17, 2018
- Now Glénat to Publish Conan Comics, as It’s All Public Domain in Europe - January 17, 2018
- All of DC Comics Reboots Are Still Happening, Even Elongated Man’s Identity Crisis Face (Super Sons #12 Spoilers) - January 17, 2018
- Is Avengers: No Surrender a Flipped Version of Marvel Super-Heroes Secret Wars? (Avengers #676 Spoilers) - January 17, 2018
- Wolverine Continues to Walk Through the Marvel Universe Missing Everyone (Thor #703 Spoilers) - January 17, 2018