On the 17th of July, comic book writer/artist Bryan Talbot is to be awarded an honorary doctorate for his “outstanding contribution to the Arts as writer and graphic artist” by Sunderland University, the ceremony to occur at Sunderland’s Stadium Of Light, home to Sunderland Football Club.
Talbot, best known for the likes of Nemesis The Warlock, Luther Arkwright, Sandman and Tale Of One Bad Rat, published his magnum opus Alice In Sunderland a couple of years ago, to universal acclaim. Talbot was also a major influence on the work of both Alan Moore and Grant Morrison and is about to launch his latest project, the anthromorphic steampunk thriller Grandville.
He will now answer to the names “Doctor”, “Professor” or at certain less lucid moments, “Emperor.”
Thanks to Pádraig Ó Méalóid for help with this piece.
- Ben Caldwell Gives Us the Prez/Infinity War Crossover Denied Us - May 20, 2018
- Super Sons to Relaunch in August with a New #1 by Peter Tomasi - May 19, 2018
- Immortal Hulk #1 Retailer Variants from Golden Apple and AOD Collectables - May 19, 2018
- Today I Came Upon Philip Zec’s Most Famous Political Cartoons - May 19, 2018
- Andy Warhol and Ramones Graphic Novels to be Published by SelfMadeHero - May 19, 2018