On the 17th of July, comic book writer/artist Bryan Talbot is to be awarded an honorary doctorate for his “outstanding contribution to the Arts as writer and graphic artist” by Sunderland University, the ceremony to occur at Sunderland’s Stadium Of Light, home to Sunderland Football Club.
Talbot, best known for the likes of Nemesis The Warlock, Luther Arkwright, Sandman and Tale Of One Bad Rat, published his magnum opus Alice In Sunderland a couple of years ago, to universal acclaim. Talbot was also a major influence on the work of both Alan Moore and Grant Morrison and is about to launch his latest project, the anthromorphic steampunk thriller Grandville.
He will now answer to the names “Doctor”, “Professor” or at certain less lucid moments, “Emperor.”
Thanks to Pádraig Ó Méalóid for help with this piece.
- 265 Cosplay Pics From San Diego Comic-Con 2018 – From She-Hulk to Mrs Rick & Morty - July 20, 2018
- Swag from the Diamond Retailer Lunch at San Diego Comic-Con - July 20, 2018
- Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Star Rachel Bloom is Coming to Equestria [SDCC] - July 20, 2018
- Batman Back in the Bat-Trunks Over His Broken Heart - July 20, 2018
- DC Confirms Pete Tomasi on Detective Comics with Doug Mahnke from #994 - July 20, 2018