I understand that Native American activist, Leonard Peltier, extradited and arrested for the murder of two FBI agents in a reservation shootout in 1975, will be up for parole at the end of this month.
Those events are very much seen as an inspiration for Vertigo’s ongoing comic book series Scalped by Jason Aaron and R.M. Guera set in and around a reservation,with corruption, crime and an attempted change.
His arrest and prosecution have proved controversial, with a number of campaigns for his release and allegations that his incarcaration is a political matter rather than a criminal one, throwing doubt on circumstances around his involvement with the shootout. His parole is both supported and opposed by various groups.
- Cerebus Gives Us ‘Dates Of Future Past’ in May - February 23, 2018
- Loot Crate Ditches The Catalogue in February 2018 Protect Unboxing - February 23, 2018
- DC Comics Leaves Diamond Previews Catalogue, Launches Its Own - February 23, 2018
- Marvel Comics to Relaunch Captain America #1 On the Fourth Of July, 2018 - February 22, 2018
- Can We Expect the Ta-Nehisi Coates Captain America News Next Week? - February 22, 2018