I understand that Native American activist, Leonard Peltier, extradited and arrested for the murder of two FBI agents in a reservation shootout in 1975, will be up for parole at the end of this month.
Those events are very much seen as an inspiration for Vertigo’s ongoing comic book series Scalped by Jason Aaron and R.M. Guera set in and around a reservation,with corruption, crime and an attempted change.
His arrest and prosecution have proved controversial, with a number of campaigns for his release and allegations that his incarcaration is a political matter rather than a criminal one, throwing doubt on circumstances around his involvement with the shootout. His parole is both supported and opposed by various groups.
- Star Trek: Discovery Season 2 Warped into Hall H For 2019 - July 21, 2018
- Lying In The San Diego Gutters – 89 Articles From Comic-Con Friday - July 21, 2018
- Surviving Purge City on the Streets of San Diego For Comic-Con - July 21, 2018
- Lucasfilm Publishing Out In Force at San Diego Comic-Con - July 21, 2018
- Twenty Years Of A Cup O’ Joe Quesada – and a Side Salad of Jimmy Palmiotti - July 21, 2018