I understand that Native American activist, Leonard Peltier, extradited and arrested for the murder of two FBI agents in a reservation shootout in 1975, will be up for parole at the end of this month.
Those events are very much seen as an inspiration for Vertigo’s ongoing comic book series Scalped by Jason Aaron and R.M. Guera set in and around a reservation,with corruption, crime and an attempted change.
His arrest and prosecution have proved controversial, with a number of campaigns for his release and allegations that his incarcaration is a political matter rather than a criminal one, throwing doubt on circumstances around his involvement with the shootout. His parole is both supported and opposed by various groups.
- Two Meta-Looks at Comics From Marvel and DC This Week - October 19, 2018
- Archie Comics Cancels Their Marvel Digest Volumes - October 19, 2018
- Marvel Comics Challenge Another Punisher Trademark Application by Militia Group - October 19, 2018
- So Why Are There No Comic Book Unions Then? - October 19, 2018
- Jim Steranko, Ron Frenz, George Perez, Barry Kitson and Alan Davis on The Liberty Brigade - October 19, 2018