Retailers, if you’re thinking of increasing your orders of Chew #2 in light of unprecedented demand for such a low profile title, you’re out of luck.
The series by John Layman and Rob Guillory for Image Comics sold out its first issue weeks ago, with issues going from $30 to $50 ($160 slabbed) and a second print on the way.
I have had some very grateful letters from a few people who read my last column on this, hoovered remaining copies of Chew #1 at their local retailer and, as one person put it, “made rent.” And now, even before the second issue of the comic has been published, with an already increased print run, it’s been wiped out.
Readers, have you already reserved your copy with your local retailer? Well have you? And speculators? Well, unlike most series, the second issue print run is higher than the first issue. But it still might be worth a punt. But at $2.99 cover, sell at $10… or wait to $15 if you’re feeling risky…
Chew #2 is available from retailers next week. If you’re there in time.
- There’s A DC Comic In The January Loot Crate…. - January 19, 2017
- How The Green Lanterns Comic Tackles Anxiety In A Remarkably Superheroic Fashion - January 19, 2017
- Twenty-Three Uses For An Overshipped Marvel Comic - January 19, 2017
- Chris Ware, Cosey And Larcenet Are Three Finalists For Angoulême’s Grand Prix , After Alan Moore Pulled Out Again - January 19, 2017
- VIDEO – Stan Lee Unboxes His First Box As His Second Goes Silver Age - January 19, 2017