Retailers, if you’re thinking of increasing your orders of Chew #2 in light of unprecedented demand for such a low profile title, you’re out of luck.
The series by John Layman and Rob Guillory for Image Comics sold out its first issue weeks ago, with issues going from $30 to $50 ($160 slabbed) and a second print on the way.
I have had some very grateful letters from a few people who read my last column on this, hoovered remaining copies of Chew #1 at their local retailer and, as one person put it, “made rent.” And now, even before the second issue of the comic has been published, with an already increased print run, it’s been wiped out.
Readers, have you already reserved your copy with your local retailer? Well have you? And speculators? Well, unlike most series, the second issue print run is higher than the first issue. But it still might be worth a punt. But at $2.99 cover, sell at $10… or wait to $15 if you’re feeling risky…
Chew #2 is available from retailers next week. If you’re there in time.
- Marvel Has 7 Exclusive Retailer Cover Options for July, from Cap to Cosmic - April 20, 2018
- Will Liam Sharp Join Grant Morrison on Green Lantern? DC Fresh Start… - April 20, 2018
- 18 DC Comics Covers for May from Amanda Conner, Frank Cho, Bryan Hitch, Francesco Mattina, and More - April 20, 2018
- Kelly Sue DeConnick on Aquaman? DC Fresh Start… - April 20, 2018
- Rob Williams and Ben Wilsher to Relaunch Roy of the Rovers for Rebellion - April 20, 2018