Retailers, if you’re thinking of increasing your orders of Chew #2 in light of unprecedented demand for such a low profile title, you’re out of luck.
The series by John Layman and Rob Guillory for Image Comics sold out its first issue weeks ago, with issues going from $30 to $50 ($160 slabbed) and a second print on the way.
I have had some very grateful letters from a few people who read my last column on this, hoovered remaining copies of Chew #1 at their local retailer and, as one person put it, “made rent.” And now, even before the second issue of the comic has been published, with an already increased print run, it’s been wiped out.
Readers, have you already reserved your copy with your local retailer? Well have you? And speculators? Well, unlike most series, the second issue print run is higher than the first issue. But it still might be worth a punt. But at $2.99 cover, sell at $10… or wait to $15 if you’re feeling risky…
Chew #2 is available from retailers next week. If you’re there in time.
- Bendis to Give Metropolis Its Own Court Of Owls? (Superman Spoilers) - July 21, 2018
- Three Days Before Filming Cloak And Dagger, They Had Not Been Cast Yet – The SDCC Panel - July 21, 2018
- Rewriting The History Of American Comic Books – #MarvelDeclassified - July 21, 2018
- Star Trek: Discovery Season 2 Warped into Hall H at San Diego Comic-Con - July 21, 2018
- Lying In The San Diego Gutters – 89 Articles From Comic-Con Friday - July 21, 2018