Retailers, if you’re thinking of increasing your orders of Chew #2 in light of unprecedented demand for such a low profile title, you’re out of luck.
The series by John Layman and Rob Guillory for Image Comics sold out its first issue weeks ago, with issues going from $30 to $50 ($160 slabbed) and a second print on the way.
I have had some very grateful letters from a few people who read my last column on this, hoovered remaining copies of Chew #1 at their local retailer and, as one person put it, “made rent.” And now, even before the second issue of the comic has been published, with an already increased print run, it’s been wiped out.
Readers, have you already reserved your copy with your local retailer? Well have you? And speculators? Well, unlike most series, the second issue print run is higher than the first issue. But it still might be worth a punt. But at $2.99 cover, sell at $10… or wait to $15 if you’re feeling risky…
Chew #2 is available from retailers next week. If you’re there in time.
- Let’s All Watch A Video About How Diamond Have Changed Their Olive Branch Distribution Centre - April 24, 2017
- Does Your Copy Of Secret Empire #0 Have A Misprint On Page 2? - April 24, 2017
- Process Is The Topic of the Day At C2E2’s Writing For Comics Panel - April 24, 2017
- The Winners Of Diamond’s Retailer Best Practice Awards Spring 2017, Announced At Chicago - April 24, 2017
- DC Comics Has Dark Matter, Cougar And Cub Have Faecal Matter… - April 24, 2017