Earlier this month I ran an exclusive preview of the screenplay for Paul, a currently-shooting film written by Simon Pegg and Nick Frost, directed by Greg Mottola. Part of the movie takes place at San Diego Comic Con and there were high hopes that the production would film on location at Con, using the tens of thousands of exhibitors. Sadly, this has not turned out to be the case. Pegg told thelondonpaper
“We are recreating Comic-Con for it in Alberquerque, New Mexico. I wanted to shoot at real Comic-Con, but it’s a minefield – you can’t have a room of 10,000 people and not have one of them look at the camera and go, “oooohh”.
You see? It’s one of us that has to ruin it. We’d all be looking cool, acting nonchelant in our Stormtrooper gear and one of us has to point their gun at the camera. You’re a traitor to your troop.
- Comixology Bestseller List – Justice, No Justice - May 25, 2018
- Champions, Black Panther, and Mystery of Madripoor Go to Second Prints for Marvel Comics - May 25, 2018
- Antarctic Press Seeks Superhero Submissions for the Superverse - May 25, 2018
- Golden Apple Comics Is Now in Diamond Previews: Adventure Van and Blastosaurus - May 25, 2018
- J. Scott Campbell Covers to X-Classified #1 Cancelled - May 25, 2018