Earlier this month I ran an exclusive preview of the screenplay for Paul, a currently-shooting film written by Simon Pegg and Nick Frost, directed by Greg Mottola. Part of the movie takes place at San Diego Comic Con and there were high hopes that the production would film on location at Con, using the tens of thousands of exhibitors. Sadly, this has not turned out to be the case. Pegg told thelondonpaper
“We are recreating Comic-Con for it in Alberquerque, New Mexico. I wanted to shoot at real Comic-Con, but it’s a minefield – you can’t have a room of 10,000 people and not have one of them look at the camera and go, “oooohh”.
You see? It’s one of us that has to ruin it. We’d all be looking cool, acting nonchelant in our Stormtrooper gear and one of us has to point their gun at the camera. You’re a traitor to your troop.
- Dark Horse Comics Solicitations for March 2019 Includes Invisible Kingdom, Hellboy: The Art of the Motion Picture and the Elfen Lied Omnibus - December 18, 2018
- Ibrahim Moustafa Joins Jeff Parker on James Bond: Origin - December 18, 2018
- Brian Ruckley to Reboot Transformers for IDW, Twice-Monthly in March 2019 - December 18, 2018
- The Roy/Neal War Continues On Bleeding Cool - December 18, 2018
- Marvel Comics March 2019 Solicitations in Full - December 18, 2018