Earlier this month I ran an exclusive preview of the screenplay for Paul, a currently-shooting film written by Simon Pegg and Nick Frost, directed by Greg Mottola. Part of the movie takes place at San Diego Comic Con and there were high hopes that the production would film on location at Con, using the tens of thousands of exhibitors. Sadly, this has not turned out to be the case. Pegg told thelondonpaper
“We are recreating Comic-Con for it in Alberquerque, New Mexico. I wanted to shoot at real Comic-Con, but it’s a minefield – you can’t have a room of 10,000 people and not have one of them look at the camera and go, “oooohh”.
You see? It’s one of us that has to ruin it. We’d all be looking cool, acting nonchelant in our Stormtrooper gear and one of us has to point their gun at the camera. You’re a traitor to your troop.
- DC Walmart Giant Sized-Comics Make it to the UK – for Only Twice the Cover Price - August 19, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List, 19th August 2018 – ‘We’ve Been Seeing More and More Batman Attrition’ - August 19, 2018
- Lying In The Gutters, 19th August 2018 – Looking at the Moon - August 19, 2018
- Exclusive Funko POP of Lord Drakkon in Comic Stores in January - August 18, 2018
- Venom Finally Looks Like His Chest Symbol - August 18, 2018