Earlier this month I ran an exclusive preview of the screenplay for Paul, a currently-shooting film written by Simon Pegg and Nick Frost, directed by Greg Mottola. Part of the movie takes place at San Diego Comic Con and there were high hopes that the production would film on location at Con, using the tens of thousands of exhibitors. Sadly, this has not turned out to be the case. Pegg told thelondonpaper
“We are recreating Comic-Con for it in Alberquerque, New Mexico. I wanted to shoot at real Comic-Con, but it’s a minefield – you can’t have a room of 10,000 people and not have one of them look at the camera and go, “oooohh”.
You see? It’s one of us that has to ruin it. We’d all be looking cool, acting nonchelant in our Stormtrooper gear and one of us has to point their gun at the camera. You’re a traitor to your troop.
- Batman’s Plan for Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy in This Week’s Batman #43 - March 19, 2018
- Man, Everyone Gets to be Worthy These Days (Thanos #16 and #17 Spoilers) - March 19, 2018
- Family of Star Wars/Deadpool Artist Nicole ‘Nik’ Virella Raising Money for Operation - March 19, 2018
- Golden Apple Comics Shop Launches Its Own Comics with Darick Robertson, Michael McMillian, and Lindsey Stirling - March 19, 2018
- Christopher Sebela and Joshua Hixson Launch Shanghai Red from Image in June - March 19, 2018