Currently on BBC Radio 4, the League Of Gentlemen’s Mark Gatiss and Doctor Who novelist, writer and actor, is talking about the Target range of Doctor Who novelisations during the seventies and eighties in a programme On The Outside It Looked Like An Old Fashioned Police Box.
He’s talked about seeing The Three Doctors on the bookshelf and has interviewed Chris Achillious about the covers he drew/painted.
Sadly he didn’t ask if Chris did swipe the cover of Fantastic Four #49 for the cover of that novel in particular…
I think this was the first ever “swipe” I consciously identified, aged ten. See, I was always heading this way.
In Swipe File we present two or more images that resemble each other to some degree. They may be homages, parodies, ironic appropriations, coincidences or works of the lightbox. We trust you, the reader, to make that judgment yourself. If you are unable to do so, please return your eyes to their maker before any further damage is done. The Swipe File doesn’t judge, it’s interested more in the process of creation, how work influences other work, how new work comes from old, and sometimes how the same ideas emerge simultaneously, as if their time has just come. The Swipe File was named after the advertising industry habit where writers and artist collect images and lines they admire to inspire them in their work. It was swiped from the Comic Journal who originally ran this column, as well as the now defunct Swipe Of The Week website.
- Marvel Comics March 2019 Solicitations in Full - December 18, 2018
- Dial H For Hero Launches from DC Comics in March 2019 - December 18, 2018
- Green Arrow #50 to Tie In With No Justice and Heroes In Crisis - December 18, 2018
- Jorge Jimenez Plotting Justice League Event: The Sixth Dimension With Scott Snyder - December 18, 2018
- Batman: Grim Knight Special from Jock, Scott Snyder and James Tynion in March From DC Comics - December 18, 2018