Fathers 4 Justice was a pressure group, that raised the issue of fathers being denied access to their children. And they did so by dreessing up in superhero costimes and chaining themselves to public monuments.
And it worked. Not only did the mainstream press provide huge amounts of coverage, but courts did seem keener to consider the father’s perspective more in such cases.
The group split after there were allegations it was plotting to kidnap Euan Blair, the son of Tony Blair and Cherie Booth. And, for a time, the superheroes went away.
But as every comic reader knows, that never lasts for long.
This Father’s Day in the UK, two protesters, one dressed as Captain America, the other as Bananaman climbed up cranes next to the Newport Leisure Centre in in Wales for three hours before being arrested, leaving a sign promoting the group.
Looks like we’re to expect a summer of daddy superhero action…
- Universal FanCon of Baltimore 2018 Suddenly Postponed, One Week Before Event - April 20, 2018
- Gideon Falls, Power Rangers, Her Infernal Descent, and Sonic Get Multiple Printings - April 20, 2018
- What Happened to Grant Morrison, Frank Quitely, and Doug Mahnke on Action Comics #1000? - April 20, 2018
- Matt Fraction… Not on Jimmy Olsen? DC Fresh Stop? - April 20, 2018
- David F. Walker on a Flash Comic? DC Fresh Start… - April 20, 2018