Chew #1, by John Layman and Rob Guillory, came out a couple of weeks ago. About a police detective who experiences psychic visions of everything he ingests (including the corpses of murder victims), it felt like one of those American TV cop shows about a detective with a special skill bordering on a super power that helps them defeat crime – see Lie To Me, Due South, Monk, and the upcoming Human Target.
It was ordered well enough (which means not that many, a few thousand), there didn’t seem to be a rush to pick it up, I bought my copy the Friday after it shipped with no difficulty.
But something has happened. The aftermarket has reacted insanely. Is there a movie deal? Is this a Dark Reign crossover? Is this the first issue in the upcoming Laymanverse Unbound?
No. It’s just a good comic, that has caught the imagination, word has spread, it sold out in a number of shops and a second print is on the way.
But here’s the thing. This is a recent comic. Distribution and sales have widely varied. Odds are, there are comic shops with copies of this comic on their shelves for cover price. This is a speculator corner no brainer. Check your shop. Buy ALL the copies they have. And slap them on eBay. You will make money.
Hell, I’m going to sell my single copy. I’m not daft.
- Damian Wayne Gets A Crush – But Not on Crush (Teen Titans #23 Spoilers) - October 17, 2018
- Comic Shops Get an Exclusive John Constantine Funko POP for Free Comic Book Day 2019 (UPDATE) - October 17, 2018
- Maria Llovet Creates Original Graphic Novel ‘Loud’ for Black Mask January 2019 Solicitations - October 17, 2018
- Our Super Adventure by Sarah Graley Joins Rick & Morty in Oni Press January 2019 Solicitations - October 17, 2018
- So Who Wrote These Words in Justice League and Aquaman: Drowned Earth? (Spoilers) - October 17, 2018