Chew #1, by John Layman and Rob Guillory, came out a couple of weeks ago. About a police detective who experiences psychic visions of everything he ingests (including the corpses of murder victims), it felt like one of those American TV cop shows about a detective with a special skill bordering on a super power that helps them defeat crime – see Lie To Me, Due South, Monk, and the upcoming Human Target.
It was ordered well enough (which means not that many, a few thousand), there didn’t seem to be a rush to pick it up, I bought my copy the Friday after it shipped with no difficulty.
But something has happened. The aftermarket has reacted insanely. Is there a movie deal? Is this a Dark Reign crossover? Is this the first issue in the upcoming Laymanverse Unbound?
No. It’s just a good comic, that has caught the imagination, word has spread, it sold out in a number of shops and a second print is on the way.
But here’s the thing. This is a recent comic. Distribution and sales have widely varied. Odds are, there are comic shops with copies of this comic on their shelves for cover price. This is a speculator corner no brainer. Check your shop. Buy ALL the copies they have. And slap them on eBay. You will make money.
Hell, I’m going to sell my single copy. I’m not daft.
- Marvel to Announce Neil Gaiman Back on Miracleman at Cup O’ Joe on Friday? - July 19, 2018
- Liam Sharp to Let Cat Out of The Bag Today at San Diego Comic-Con - July 19, 2018
- Lying In The San Diego Gutters – 27 Articles From Comic-Con Wednesday - July 19, 2018
- Glitchwatch on Amazon Kindle DC Super Hero Girls: Out of the Bottle - July 18, 2018
- WonderCon Statistics at San Diego Comic-Con 2018 - July 18, 2018