Chew #1, by John Layman and Rob Guillory, came out a couple of weeks ago. About a police detective who experiences psychic visions of everything he ingests (including the corpses of murder victims), it felt like one of those American TV cop shows about a detective with a special skill bordering on a super power that helps them defeat crime – see Lie To Me, Due South, Monk, and the upcoming Human Target.
It was ordered well enough (which means not that many, a few thousand), there didn’t seem to be a rush to pick it up, I bought my copy the Friday after it shipped with no difficulty.
But something has happened. The aftermarket has reacted insanely. Is there a movie deal? Is this a Dark Reign crossover? Is this the first issue in the upcoming Laymanverse Unbound?
No. It’s just a good comic, that has caught the imagination, word has spread, it sold out in a number of shops and a second print is on the way.
But here’s the thing. This is a recent comic. Distribution and sales have widely varied. Odds are, there are comic shops with copies of this comic on their shelves for cover price. This is a speculator corner no brainer. Check your shop. Buy ALL the copies they have. And slap them on eBay. You will make money.
Hell, I’m going to sell my single copy. I’m not daft.
- Is New Year’s Day’s Doctor Who Actually Called Resolution Of The Daleks? - December 9, 2018
- Ten Thoughts about Doctor Who Series 11 Finale: The Battle Of Ranskoor Av Kolos - December 9, 2018
- BBC Confirms: No Doctor Who Series 12 Until 2020 - December 9, 2018
- “The DNA Of The Most Dangerous Creature In the Universe” – Trailer For Resolution, The Doctor Who New Year’s Day 2019 Special - December 9, 2018
- Ollie’s Outlets Selling $3.3 Million of Graphic Novels at 80% Off - December 9, 2018