Chew #1, by John Layman and Rob Guillory, came out a couple of weeks ago. About a police detective who experiences psychic visions of everything he ingests (including the corpses of murder victims), it felt like one of those American TV cop shows about a detective with a special skill bordering on a super power that helps them defeat crime – see Lie To Me, Due South, Monk, and the upcoming Human Target.
It was ordered well enough (which means not that many, a few thousand), there didn’t seem to be a rush to pick it up, I bought my copy the Friday after it shipped with no difficulty.
But something has happened. The aftermarket has reacted insanely. Is there a movie deal? Is this a Dark Reign crossover? Is this the first issue in the upcoming Laymanverse Unbound?
No. It’s just a good comic, that has caught the imagination, word has spread, it sold out in a number of shops and a second print is on the way.
But here’s the thing. This is a recent comic. Distribution and sales have widely varied. Odds are, there are comic shops with copies of this comic on their shelves for cover price. This is a speculator corner no brainer. Check your shop. Buy ALL the copies they have. And slap them on eBay. You will make money.
Hell, I’m going to sell my single copy. I’m not daft.
- Through The Eyes Of An Elephant-Man - January 22, 2017
- ‘Bout Time … Deadpool Meets Gwenpool - January 22, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 22nd January 2017 – “I Ordered Really Low On Monsters Unleashed But It Wasn’t Low Enough” - January 22, 2017
- So Why Were DC Comics April 2017 Solicitations Delayed A Week Anyway? - January 22, 2017
- Warren Ellis, On Whether Nazis Should Be Punched In The Face, Or Not - January 22, 2017