Everyone’s talking Swipe Files these days, it seems Chris Ryall was keen to point on his blog the following artwork sporting certain similarities…
The first by Franco Urru is from 2007 and the second by Darick Robertson, more recently.
I don’t know though. I can think of precedence…
…any more for any more?
In Swipe File we present two or more images that resemble each other to some degree. They may be homages, parodies, ironic appropriations, coincidences or works of the lightbox. We trust you, the reader, to make that judgment yourself. If you are unable to do so, please return your eyes to their maker before any further damage is done. The Swipe File doesn’t judge, it’s interested more in the process of creation, how work influences other work, how new work comes from old, and sometimes how the same ideas emerge simultanoeulsy, as if their time has just come. The Swipe File was named after the advertising industry habit where writers and artist collect images and lines they admire to inspire them in their work. It was swiped from the Comic Journal who originally ran this column, as well as the now defunct Swipe Of The Week website.
- In Memory of Harlan Ellison: Michael Davis’s ‘The City on the Edge of Forever, Whitney, Martha & Apple Sauce – Straight No Chaser #339’ - July 17, 2018
- Dean Haspiel’s Red Hook Continues Free at LINE Webtoons with Starcross – Previewed Here - July 17, 2018
- Rock Candy Mountain’s Kyle Starks and Chris Schweizer Create Mars Attacks Comic for Dynamite - July 17, 2018
- John Jackson Miller and Daniel HDR Launch 35-Cent Battlestar Galactica #0 in October from Dynamite - July 17, 2018
- It’s a Two-Shirt Ant-Man and The Wasp Loot Crate for July 2018 - July 17, 2018