Everyone’s talking Swipe Files these days, it seems Chris Ryall was keen to point on his blog the following artwork sporting certain similarities…
The first by Franco Urru is from 2007 and the second by Darick Robertson, more recently.
I don’t know though. I can think of precedence…
…any more for any more?
In Swipe File we present two or more images that resemble each other to some degree. They may be homages, parodies, ironic appropriations, coincidences or works of the lightbox. We trust you, the reader, to make that judgment yourself. If you are unable to do so, please return your eyes to their maker before any further damage is done. The Swipe File doesn’t judge, it’s interested more in the process of creation, how work influences other work, how new work comes from old, and sometimes how the same ideas emerge simultanoeulsy, as if their time has just come. The Swipe File was named after the advertising industry habit where writers and artist collect images and lines they admire to inspire them in their work. It was swiped from the Comic Journal who originally ran this column, as well as the now defunct Swipe Of The Week website.
- Publishing Dates for DC Zoom and DC Ink Titles Locked Down - February 23, 2018
- Dynamite Entertainment to Become a Premier Publisher at Diamond Comics (CONFIRMED) - February 23, 2018
- Russell T Davies and Steven Moffat to Adapt Own Doctor Who Episodes as Target Novelisations - February 23, 2018
- Return of Bruce Banner Hulk in Avengers #684 Tops Advance Reorders - February 23, 2018
- Calexit: The Comic Book That Is Killing Steve Bannon - February 23, 2018