Persepolis is not only a best selling graphic novel about a young woman growing up in a changing Iran, but was made into an Oscar-nominated feature film, co-directed by the author and cartoonist Marjane Satrapi.
Yesterday, amidst the current chaos surrounding the Iranian election results, Satrapi stood alonside Mohsen Makhmalbaf, filmmaker and spokesman for opposition candidate Mir Hossein Mousavi, at the European Parliament to protest the results, with a document claiming to throw serious doubt on the numbers.
Stating that the offical winner, incumbent president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad only came third in the popular vote, Matjane clarified “Ahmadinejad received only 12 percent of the vote, not 65 percent.”
Can’t wait for the comic…
- Batman Damned #1 Signed by Lee Bermejo Sells for $1000 - September 23, 2018
- Stephen Colbert Weighs In On the Batpenis - September 23, 2018
- ComiXology Denies Censoring the Bat Penis - September 23, 2018
- Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips’ Criminal Returns in January from Image Comics (UPDATE) - September 23, 2018
- Lying In The Gutters – 23rd September 2018 – What’s The Story, Morning Glory? - September 23, 2018