Persepolis is not only a best selling graphic novel about a young woman growing up in a changing Iran, but was made into an Oscar-nominated feature film, co-directed by the author and cartoonist Marjane Satrapi.
Yesterday, amidst the current chaos surrounding the Iranian election results, Satrapi stood alonside Mohsen Makhmalbaf, filmmaker and spokesman for opposition candidate Mir Hossein Mousavi, at the European Parliament to protest the results, with a document claiming to throw serious doubt on the numbers.
Stating that the offical winner, incumbent president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad only came third in the popular vote, Matjane clarified “Ahmadinejad received only 12 percent of the vote, not 65 percent.”
Can’t wait for the comic…
- Marvel Comics to Relaunch Captain America #1 On the Fourth Of July, 2018 - February 22, 2018
- Can We Expect the Ta-Nehisi Coates Captain America News Next Week? - February 22, 2018
- The First of the Exclusive ComicsPRO Variants Hit eBay, from $10 to $50 - February 22, 2018
- Amazing Spider-Man #794 Goes to Third Printing - February 22, 2018
- DC Comics Makes Aquaman LED Signs for Comic Stores - February 22, 2018