Persepolis is not only a best selling graphic novel about a young woman growing up in a changing Iran, but was made into an Oscar-nominated feature film, co-directed by the author and cartoonist Marjane Satrapi.
Yesterday, amidst the current chaos surrounding the Iranian election results, Satrapi stood alonside Mohsen Makhmalbaf, filmmaker and spokesman for opposition candidate Mir Hossein Mousavi, at the European Parliament to protest the results, with a document claiming to throw serious doubt on the numbers.
Stating that the offical winner, incumbent president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad only came third in the popular vote, Matjane clarified “Ahmadinejad received only 12 percent of the vote, not 65 percent.”
Can’t wait for the comic…
- 6 New X-Men Comic Books for February 2019 - November 14, 2018
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes Of Grindelwald Spoiler Free Video Review + Cast Introduction From London Screening - November 14, 2018
- DC Comics are Really Crucifying Red Hood These Days - November 14, 2018
- So How Old Are Valeria Richards, Franklin Richards and Jonathan Kent Now? (Spoilers) - November 14, 2018
- When Wonder Woman and Captain America Challenge US Government Policy - November 14, 2018