Persepolis is not only a best selling graphic novel about a young woman growing up in a changing Iran, but was made into an Oscar-nominated feature film, co-directed by the author and cartoonist Marjane Satrapi.
Yesterday, amidst the current chaos surrounding the Iranian election results, Satrapi stood alonside Mohsen Makhmalbaf, filmmaker and spokesman for opposition candidate Mir Hossein Mousavi, at the European Parliament to protest the results, with a document claiming to throw serious doubt on the numbers.
Stating that the offical winner, incumbent president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad only came third in the popular vote, Matjane clarified “Ahmadinejad received only 12 percent of the vote, not 65 percent.”
Can’t wait for the comic…
- The Deaths of [SPOILERS] in Next Week’s Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Annual #1 - April 19, 2018
- Want to See Infinity War with Donny Cates and Jim Zub or Deadpool 2 with Fabian Nicieza? - April 19, 2018
- The ComiXology Version of Action Comics #1000 is Missing Important Pages - April 19, 2018
- Esad Ribic’s Cover for Fantastic Four #1 – and Reed is Keeping the Beard - April 19, 2018
- Venom #1 Relaunch from Donny Cates and Ryan Stegman Tops Advance Reorders - April 19, 2018