One of my favourite meta-textual comics moments from the last five years was the Superboy Prime Punching reality scene in Infinite Crisis, as it was used as a reason to explain changes in comics’ second prints and eventual collections. Some were as a result of extra-editorial criticism of the origina finished books, some were seen as too dark, some as too silly, but in some cases scenes were rewritten and redrawn before their final final collection.
There’s nothing quite as major in Final Crisis, some are merely editorial slips commonly corrected in such books. But sometimes you get a glimpse into editorial concerns…
Page 23, Panel 3
Page 8, Panel 5
Superman Beyond’s 3-D pages are now normal artwork pages.
And they fixed Shiloh’s skin color, which was mistakenly made white during the scenes in Final Crisis #4-6 where he was unmasked.
Although his colleaue Sonny Sumo now accidentally becomes black for a scene…
- Fantastic Four #9 and More Stolen from House Of Secrets in Burbank - May 20, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 20th May 2018 – ‘Readers Realized There Was No Wedding in the Wedding Special’ - May 20, 2018
- Bob Layton Just Discovered He Created a Character in Deadpool 2 - May 20, 2018
- The Rev Michael Curry Vs Princess Bride’s Peter Cook’s Royal Wedding Address (VIDEO) - May 20, 2018
- Lying In The Gutters – 20th May 2018 – Flamewars and Lawsuits - May 20, 2018