One of my favourite meta-textual comics moments from the last five years was the Superboy Prime Punching reality scene in Infinite Crisis, as it was used as a reason to explain changes in comics’ second prints and eventual collections. Some were as a result of extra-editorial criticism of the origina finished books, some were seen as too dark, some as too silly, but in some cases scenes were rewritten and redrawn before their final final collection.
There’s nothing quite as major in Final Crisis, some are merely editorial slips commonly corrected in such books. But sometimes you get a glimpse into editorial concerns…
Page 23, Panel 3
Page 8, Panel 5
Superman Beyond’s 3-D pages are now normal artwork pages.
And they fixed Shiloh’s skin color, which was mistakenly made white during the scenes in Final Crisis #4-6 where he was unmasked.
Although his colleaue Sonny Sumo now accidentally becomes black for a scene…
- Preview of Lorraine Cink’s Powers of a Girl: A Celebration of 30 Marvel Superheroes - November 19, 2018
- A Couple Who Stan Lee Married, Open Krazzy Comics Store in Gahanna, Ohio - November 19, 2018
- The Daily LITG, 19th November 2018 – Happy Birthday, Erika Alexander - November 19, 2018
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who Series 11 Episode 7, “Kerblam” - November 18, 2018
- Doctor Who Season 11 Episode 8: Alan Cummings Comes to “The Witchfinders” - November 18, 2018