One of my favourite meta-textual comics moments from the last five years was the Superboy Prime Punching reality scene in Infinite Crisis, as it was used as a reason to explain changes in comics’ second prints and eventual collections. Some were as a result of extra-editorial criticism of the origina finished books, some were seen as too dark, some as too silly, but in some cases scenes were rewritten and redrawn before their final final collection.
There’s nothing quite as major in Final Crisis, some are merely editorial slips commonly corrected in such books. But sometimes you get a glimpse into editorial concerns…
Page 23, Panel 3
Page 8, Panel 5
Superman Beyond’s 3-D pages are now normal artwork pages.
And they fixed Shiloh’s skin color, which was mistakenly made white during the scenes in Final Crisis #4-6 where he was unmasked.
Although his colleaue Sonny Sumo now accidentally becomes black for a scene…
- Art Galleries to be Searched for Missing Comic Book Artwork - September 25, 2018
- Mark Montague Wins Dredd Talent Competition as 2000AD Opens Submissions Again - September 25, 2018
- Second Wave of Game Of Thrones Blindbox Titans Vinyl Figures in February 2019 - September 25, 2018
- What Made Warren Ellis Swear In Fearscape #1, Out Tomorrow? - September 25, 2018
- Tomorrow, DC Comics Publish Another Batman Comic With a Penis In It - September 25, 2018