The Bookseller reports that UK publisher Fourth Estate, an imprint of HarperCollins, has bought UK and Commonwealth (excluding Canada) rights to the Scott Pilgrim series for what they call a “decent five-figure sum”, which could well translate into a low six-figure sum in US dollars.
The deal was arranged with Lauren Pearson at Regal Literary and UK editor Mark Richard is already comparing the book to Spaced.
Currently, Scott Pilgrim, while present in UK comic stores has little presence in UK book stores. The first three books will be publshed in January and February 2010, with the final three published in April, alongside the date of the final book’s publication in the US, and the release of the Edgar Wright-directed movie.
Scott Pilgrim by Bryan O’Malley is published by Oni in the US.
Thanks to Andi Watson.
- DC Comics’ Reboot of Books Of Magic This Week - October 22, 2018
- First Review: The Green Lantern #1 by Grant Morrison and Liam Sharp – From 2000AD to Preacher? - October 22, 2018
- Valiant Entertainment to Publish ‘The Forgotten Queen’ - October 22, 2018
- Geoff Weber Adds Depth to The Scientists by Thinking Inside the Box - October 22, 2018
- Unboxing the Beatles Yellow Submarine Graphic Novel Special Gift Set from Titan Comics With My Dad - October 22, 2018