The Bookseller reports that UK publisher Fourth Estate, an imprint of HarperCollins, has bought UK and Commonwealth (excluding Canada) rights to the Scott Pilgrim series for what they call a “decent five-figure sum”, which could well translate into a low six-figure sum in US dollars.
The deal was arranged with Lauren Pearson at Regal Literary and UK editor Mark Richard is already comparing the book to Spaced.
Currently, Scott Pilgrim, while present in UK comic stores has little presence in UK book stores. The first three books will be publshed in January and February 2010, with the final three published in April, alongside the date of the final book’s publication in the US, and the release of the Edgar Wright-directed movie.
Scott Pilgrim by Bryan O’Malley is published by Oni in the US.
Thanks to Andi Watson.
- A Comic Con with Only Comic Talent in a Mall for Free? Why Not? - February 25, 2018
- Yes, Comics Can Break Your Heart… but They Can Mend It, Too - February 25, 2018
- Trekker: Thirty Years and Counting on the Trail with Mercy St. Clair - February 25, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 25th February 2018 – Superman Readers Disturbed About Bendis - February 25, 2018
- The Art of Making Money and the Dark Side of Graphic Design - February 25, 2018