The Bookseller reports that UK publisher Fourth Estate, an imprint of HarperCollins, has bought UK and Commonwealth (excluding Canada) rights to the Scott Pilgrim series for what they call a “decent five-figure sum”, which could well translate into a low six-figure sum in US dollars.
The deal was arranged with Lauren Pearson at Regal Literary and UK editor Mark Richard is already comparing the book to Spaced.
Currently, Scott Pilgrim, while present in UK comic stores has little presence in UK book stores. The first three books will be publshed in January and February 2010, with the final three published in April, alongside the date of the final book’s publication in the US, and the release of the Edgar Wright-directed movie.
Scott Pilgrim by Bryan O’Malley is published by Oni in the US.
Thanks to Andi Watson.
- Win a Private Tour of DC Comics’ Archive for LGBTQ Charity - December 16, 2018
- Hindus Call For Apology From Marvel Over Uncanny X-Men #5 - December 16, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List 16th December 2018 – Batman Damned Beats The One Who Laughs - December 16, 2018
- Monica’s Gang/DC Comics Crossover Published in Brazil - December 16, 2018
- Free Nancy Drew #1 and Project Superpowers #1 To Launch Dynamite Groupees Bundles - December 16, 2018