The Bookseller reports that UK publisher Fourth Estate, an imprint of HarperCollins, has bought UK and Commonwealth (excluding Canada) rights to the Scott Pilgrim series for what they call a “decent five-figure sum”, which could well translate into a low six-figure sum in US dollars.
The deal was arranged with Lauren Pearson at Regal Literary and UK editor Mark Richard is already comparing the book to Spaced.
Currently, Scott Pilgrim, while present in UK comic stores has little presence in UK book stores. The first three books will be publshed in January and February 2010, with the final three published in April, alongside the date of the final book’s publication in the US, and the release of the Edgar Wright-directed movie.
Scott Pilgrim by Bryan O’Malley is published by Oni in the US.
Thanks to Andi Watson.
- Bendis to Give Metropolis Its Own Court Of Owls? (Superman Spoilers) - July 21, 2018
- Three Days Before Filming Cloak And Dagger, They Had Not Been Cast Yet – The SDCC Panel - July 21, 2018
- Rewriting The History Of American Comic Books – #MarvelDeclassified - July 21, 2018
- Star Trek: Discovery Season 2 Warped into Hall H at San Diego Comic-Con - July 21, 2018
- Lying In The San Diego Gutters – 89 Articles From Comic-Con Friday - July 21, 2018