The Bookseller reports that UK publisher Fourth Estate, an imprint of HarperCollins, has bought UK and Commonwealth (excluding Canada) rights to the Scott Pilgrim series for what they call a “decent five-figure sum”, which could well translate into a low six-figure sum in US dollars.
The deal was arranged with Lauren Pearson at Regal Literary and UK editor Mark Richard is already comparing the book to Spaced.
Currently, Scott Pilgrim, while present in UK comic stores has little presence in UK book stores. The first three books will be publshed in January and February 2010, with the final three published in April, alongside the date of the final book’s publication in the US, and the release of the Edgar Wright-directed movie.
Scott Pilgrim by Bryan O’Malley is published by Oni in the US.
Thanks to Andi Watson.
- Universal FanCon of Baltimore 2018 Suddenly Postponed, One Week Before Event - April 20, 2018
- Gideon Falls, Power Rangers, Her Infernal Descent, and Sonic Get Multiple Printings - April 20, 2018
- What Happened to Grant Morrison, Frank Quitely, and Doug Mahnke on Action Comics #1000? - April 20, 2018
- Matt Fraction… Not on Jimmy Olsen? DC Fresh Stop? - April 20, 2018
- David F. Walker on a Flash Comic? DC Fresh Start… - April 20, 2018