Last night at the National Film Theatre in London, Russell T Davies presented a preview of the first episode of the upcoming all-five-episodes-in-a-week season of Doctor Who-spinoff BBC TV show Torchwood.
The series, called Torchwood: Children Of Earth was followed by series creator Russell T Davies taking questions – and quite some discussion afterwards in the foyer.
Davies wants more Torchwood/Doctor Who spinoffs, but would only be drawn to a mention of the Doctor in the last episode of the new Torchwood series. Though he will appear in the upcoming third series of The Sarah Jane Adventures.
A fourth series of Torchwood has not yet been greenlit but Russell has no plans to leave the show – that’s if it gets a fourth series. The reception to the third series will determine that.
It’s also reported that he later let people know that the inside of the TARDIS is getting a more retro look in the fifth series and that the Eleventh Doctor played by Matt Smith, will be facing Daleks in his very first episode.
Torchwood: Children of Earth will show in the UK and the USA in July.
- Action Lab Puts Five Million Comics In The Classroom, Announces Kid Sherlock, Albert Einstein: Time Mason, Stray, Midnight Tiger And The Ghost, The Owl - April 27, 2017
- Heading Towards 100,000 For X-O Manowar #1’s Third Printing - April 27, 2017
- Leo Baxendale, Creator Of The Bash Street Kids, Dies At 86 - April 27, 2017
- Bumping The Numbers On The 25-Cent Saga #43 By Bryan K Vaughan And Fiona Staples - April 27, 2017
- Exclusive: A Few DC Covers For May, From Gary Frank To Frank Cho To Jim Lee To Emanuela Lupacchino To Jenny Frison - April 27, 2017