Last night at the National Film Theatre in London, Russell T Davies presented a preview of the first episode of the upcoming all-five-episodes-in-a-week season of Doctor Who-spinoff BBC TV show Torchwood.
The series, called Torchwood: Children Of Earth was followed by series creator Russell T Davies taking questions – and quite some discussion afterwards in the foyer.
Davies wants more Torchwood/Doctor Who spinoffs, but would only be drawn to a mention of the Doctor in the last episode of the new Torchwood series. Though he will appear in the upcoming third series of The Sarah Jane Adventures.
A fourth series of Torchwood has not yet been greenlit but Russell has no plans to leave the show – that’s if it gets a fourth series. The reception to the third series will determine that.
It’s also reported that he later let people know that the inside of the TARDIS is getting a more retro look in the fifth series and that the Eleventh Doctor played by Matt Smith, will be facing Daleks in his very first episode.
Torchwood: Children of Earth will show in the UK and the USA in July.
- The British Museum to Put on Largest Manga Exhibition in the World, Outside of Japan - December 10, 2018
- Tolkien In Love, Now Available From the BBC, Free, Worldwide - December 10, 2018
- Is New Year’s Day’s Doctor Who Actually Called Resolution Of The Daleks? - December 9, 2018
- Ten Thoughts about Doctor Who Series 11 Finale: The Battle Of Ranskoor Av Kolos - December 9, 2018
- BBC Confirms: No Doctor Who Series 12 Until 2020 - December 9, 2018