Is it a bird? Is is it a plane? Is it currently at $93,000?
Yes folks, a copy of Action Comics #1 has entered the market. Despite having a CGC grade of only 2.5, this 1938 comics is attracting rather substantial bids.
This anthology comic features the first appearance of Superman, seen on the cover, engaged in a spot of road rage.
The listing states that “The consignor’s mother, who passed away fourteen years ago, told her son she remembered owning it ever since she was a little girl in grade school. By the time she was in high school, she began to recognize that the first Superman appearance was something of significance, and began to preserve the comic book for safekeeping. Her son recalls first seeing it when she showed it to him when he was a freshman in high school, back in 1984. His mother impressed upon him that it was something of value. In 1989, they moved it to a bank security box, and now it is brought to market for the first time in over 60 years.”
Can’t find a hundred grand in this climate? Don’t worry, you can buy it with six months interest free payments if you like.
- A Targeted Theft of Slabbed Sketch Comics in Glendale, Arizona - May 24, 2018
- The Rarest Power Rangers Comics Cover Ever? - May 24, 2018
- Tickets Still On Sale For Reed POP’s First MCM London Comic Con, Starting Tomorrow - May 24, 2018
- Doing Alan Moore Justice – Pat Shand on Writing Crossed+100: Mimic - May 23, 2018
- A Comic Show: Black Panthers in Space… - May 23, 2018