Is it a bird? Is is it a plane? Is it currently at $93,000?
Yes folks, a copy of Action Comics #1 has entered the market. Despite having a CGC grade of only 2.5, this 1938 comics is attracting rather substantial bids.
This anthology comic features the first appearance of Superman, seen on the cover, engaged in a spot of road rage.
The listing states that “The consignor’s mother, who passed away fourteen years ago, told her son she remembered owning it ever since she was a little girl in grade school. By the time she was in high school, she began to recognize that the first Superman appearance was something of significance, and began to preserve the comic book for safekeeping. Her son recalls first seeing it when she showed it to him when he was a freshman in high school, back in 1984. His mother impressed upon him that it was something of value. In 1989, they moved it to a bank security box, and now it is brought to market for the first time in over 60 years.”
Can’t find a hundred grand in this climate? Don’t worry, you can buy it with six months interest free payments if you like.
- Dark Horse Comics Liquidates 48 Conan Collections - October 22, 2018
- Will Bunker Come to Titans TV Season 2? - October 22, 2018
- Warren Ellis Tells You What to Expect in Castlevania Season 2 From Netflix - October 22, 2018
- DC Comics’ Reboot of Books Of Magic This Week - October 22, 2018
- First Review: The Green Lantern #1 by Grant Morrison and Liam Sharp – From 2000AD to Preacher? - October 22, 2018