In a world where we’re getting used to late, rescheduled and delayed comics, Melby Comics is fighting a race against time. Creator James Hodson is suffering from scleroderma , a disease that is hardening his skin and his joints.
His hand now frozen in a pen-holding position, Hodson doesn’t know how long he has left to keep making comics. But he also draws on those around him, his wife in particular. He told My Fox Detroit “it’s very important for scleroderma patients to have that type of a support structure. To have somebody to lean on, whether it’s a family member or a close friend, and she’s definitely that for me. She’s the strength when I need it.”
For those who would like to support Hodson and others in a similar position, this Sunday, June 7th, the Scleroderma Foundation is raising awareness for funding a cure for the disease with a Walk And Run, starting at the Detroit Zoo at 7am. More details can be found here.
- So Who Wrote These Words in Justice League and Aquaman: Drowned Earth? (Spoilers) - October 17, 2018
- Doctor Who, Robotech and Tank Girl in Titan Comics January 2019 Solicitations - October 17, 2018
- You Wait Ages for DC Comics With the Hecate and Then, Ironically, Three Come Along at Once - October 17, 2018
- Peter Cannon, Turok and Barbarella/Dejah Thoris Launch in Dynamite January 2019 Solicitations - October 17, 2018
- Dark Horse Launch Fight Club 3, Avatar, Aliens, Tom Clancey, Wyrd, Starcraft Soldiers Comics in January 2019 Solicitations - October 17, 2018