In a world where we’re getting used to late, rescheduled and delayed comics, Melby Comics is fighting a race against time. Creator James Hodson is suffering from scleroderma , a disease that is hardening his skin and his joints.
His hand now frozen in a pen-holding position, Hodson doesn’t know how long he has left to keep making comics. But he also draws on those around him, his wife in particular. He told My Fox Detroit “it’s very important for scleroderma patients to have that type of a support structure. To have somebody to lean on, whether it’s a family member or a close friend, and she’s definitely that for me. She’s the strength when I need it.”
For those who would like to support Hodson and others in a similar position, this Sunday, June 7th, the Scleroderma Foundation is raising awareness for funding a cure for the disease with a Walk And Run, starting at the Detroit Zoo at 7am. More details can be found here.
- Fantastic Four #9 and More Stolen from House Of Secrets in Burbank - May 20, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 20th May 2018 – ‘Readers Realized There Was No Wedding in the Wedding Special’ - May 20, 2018
- Bob Layton Just Discovered He Created a Character in Deadpool 2 - May 20, 2018
- The Rev Michael Curry Vs Princess Bride’s Peter Cook’s Royal Wedding Address (VIDEO) - May 20, 2018
- Lying In The Gutters – 20th May 2018 – Flamewars and Lawsuits - May 20, 2018