I understand that WANTED and KICK-ASS co-creator Mark Millar and WATCHMEN co-creator Dave Gibbons are working on a creator-owned comic book series.
Bet it’s a superhero thing as well.
Mark Millar, from Coatbridge outside Glasgow, has had a number of recent high-profile comic book successes, from AUTHORITY to ULTIMATE X-MEN to the record-breaking CIVIL WAR series. But he has also concentrated on series that he owns, such as AMERICAN JESUS: CHOSEN, WAR HEROES, WANTED and KICK-ASS, all of which have been turned into movies or are going through the production process.
With that record, along with Dave Gibbons artistic reputation, buoyed by Zack Snyder’s WATCHMEN movie based on the comic he drew twenty-five years ago, and the recent million-plus reprinting of the graphic novel, odds are someone will want to make a movie of any new comic of his before it hits the stands.
Millar once described his “Society Of Super-Villains” proposal for DC Comics that would one day become WANTED as the WATCHMEN of Super-Villains. Millar also attended the premiere of the WATCHMEN movie, as did Dave Gibbons. Millar has stated that he’s working on a project with the biggest comics artist right now, and Gibbons has also stated he’s working with a big name comics writer for the first time.
Can I be the first to ask for an invite to the premiere?
UPDATED: On his Millarworld forum, Mark Millar commented saying
“Dave and I definitely plan to do something next year.”
“Dave and I still in very early stages, but would imagine we’ll do something for next summer, probably around six issues.”
BleedingCool.com shoots and scores!
Watchmen image copyright Warner Bros. Wanted image copyright Universal Studios. The Smiley face is a trademark of the Smiley Corporation.
- The Aftermath of Universal FanCon’s “Postponement” - April 21, 2018
- Selling in a Showrooming World at Diamond Retailer Summit 2018 (VIDEO) - April 21, 2018
- ComiXology Bestseller List, 21st April 2018 – When My Little Pony Beats Up Weapon H - April 21, 2018
- How Much Are Those Retailer Exclusive Action Comics #1000 Covers Selling For? - April 21, 2018
- Main Street Marketing on a Shoestring Budget at Diamond Summit 2018 (VIDEO) - April 21, 2018