Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Administrator

Default Astonishing X-Men To X-Club For 99 Cents From ComiXology Tomorrow

Coming down the pipe... If you are enjoying Si Spurrier's run on X-Men Legacy, then his five issue miniseries X-Club will be 99 cents an issue tomorrow on ComiXology. Along with the post-Joss Whedon Astonishing X-Men #25 to #51, better known as the Warren Ellis-to-gay-marriage years, as well as the Xenogenesis and Ghost Boxes spin offs...

Wrote the Book on Cool Revolutionary Cyke's Avatar

X-club was hilarious, people. Read it!
    To be or not to be. That's not really a question.
    Jean-Luc Godard

Wrote the Book on Cool

Oooh oooh. Can I pay more for less content, just like the people who bought Ghost Boxes did?

Consultant of Cool Wilson Masters's Avatar

I was so disappointed by Ellis's run on the book. I think he's brilliant, and I think Bianchi is insanely talented, but they didn't see to be particularly interested in doing an X-Men book. I feel like you could have swapped in any other characters into that first arc especially and it wouldn't have mattered. I could feel his boredom as a writer coming through each issue. That was a paycheck, pure and simple.

gnawing hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space

Quote Originally Posted by Howard View Post
    Oooh oooh. Can I pay more for less content, just like the people who bought Ghost Boxes did?
    Lol. I think 99 cents is just about the fair amount an issue of Ghost Boxes should cost. Most blatant rip-off Marvel ever pulled, before they raised their Hardcover and Trade prices.
    "We see things only as we are constructed to see them, and can gain no idea of their absolute nature. With five feeble senses we pretend to comprehend the boundlessly complex cosmos."

-HPL
    or in other words:
    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn. Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

Quote Originally Posted by die-yng View Post
    Most blatant rip-off Marvel ever pulled, before they raised their Hardcover and Trade prices.
    ...Still overpriced at 99c if you ask me.
    -------

gnawing hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space

Quote Originally Posted by _OM_ View Post
    ...Still overpriced at 99c if you ask me.
    Naturally, since Ellis is on your hack-list.
    "We see things only as we are constructed to see them, and can gain no idea of their absolute nature. With five feeble senses we pretend to comprehend the boundlessly complex cosmos."

-HPL
    or in other words:
    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn. Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

Zen Master of Cool NielsVanEekelen's Avatar

And Monday there's a Daredevil sale, but shhh, don't tell anyone!
    FULCRUM: An ongoing fantasy saga by Niels van Eekelen, out now on Kindle and Smashwords in all e-book formats, or start reading for FREE on TelltaleProductions.nl

Dean of Cool University

What's ghost boxes?

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson Masters View Post
    I was so disappointed by Ellis's run on the book. I think he's brilliant, and I think Bianchi is insanely talented, but they didn't see to be particularly interested in doing an X-Men book. I feel like you could have swapped in any other characters into that first arc especially and it wouldn't have mattered. I could feel his boredom as a writer coming through each issue. That was a paycheck, pure and simple.
    Didn't feel that way with the second arc, where his contempt for the X-Men franchise couldn't have been clearer.