Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Administrator

Default New Portrait Of Man Of Steel's Superman On Magazine Cover

The latest issue of L'Express supplement Studio Cin? Live bears a portrait of Superman ala Zack Snyder. Here's Henry Cavill crossing his arms at you. Like the sleeve detailing?

Pffft Looks nothing like him, where's his collar???????
    Warning, the above post may contain traces of sarcasm, or have been written in an environment where it may have come into contact with sarcasm.

My name is Steven Tudor, nice to meet you.

Quote Originally Posted by toodoor View Post
    Pffft Looks nothing like him, where's his collar???????
    Bah! Where's his spit curl?
    Marvel: S-man 2099, Rocket Raccoon
    DC: Wonder Woman, Injustice, Detective Comics, Sandman Overture
    Indie: Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, Street Fighter, SkullKickers, Fatale, Elephantmen, Afterlife of Archie, The Wicked+The Divine

Dean of Cool University Drew Melbourne's Avatar

All that really matters is how it works on film, but I'm still irritated by:

1) the lack of a spit-curl (a problem common to many live action depictions of Superman)
    2) the fact that the S-shield has the exact same texture as the rest of the costume (makes it look like a cheap iron-on)

I'd feel less fanboy-gripey if my initial concerns about Green Lantern turned out to be misplaced.

Wrote the Book on Cool

You know, I don't even have that much problem with a new look as I have with these dark colors. I would prefer them to be more like this (including "S" done differently from the rest of the costume):

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Melbourne View Post
    All that really matters is how it works on film, but I'm still irritated by:

1) the lack of a spit-curl (a problem common to many live action depictions of Superman)
    2) the fact that the S-shield has the exact same texture as the rest of the costume (makes it look like a cheap iron-on)

I'd feel less fanboy-gripey if my initial concerns about Green Lantern turned out to be misplaced.
    I'd care if those two issue would in any way be relevant to the overall quality of the film.

Heh, I snarked at you, but I have to admit I did grimace at the texture when I saw that pic. I doesn't generally annoy me (beyond seeming pointless) but it is a bit over whelming in that pic.

Re: your Green Lander reference, focus on all the nay saying about the Batman Begins costume which turned out to be great when it was actually in the film.
    Warning, the above post may contain traces of sarcasm, or have been written in an environment where it may have come into contact with sarcasm.

My name is Steven Tudor, nice to meet you.

Zen Master of Cool

This is the best-looking shot I've seen of the new design so far. Liking the S, even though the golf ball texture of the suit still looks a little weird. And happy to see him smiling! Cavill is quite the looker.

Consultant of Cool Steve O'Connor's Avatar

I think it's brave of Snyder and Nolan to make a Superman movie entirely in French. Bravo!

Consultant of Cool

I don't get the obsession with the spit curl. When was the last time you saw someone with one this century?

This is Superman now, not Superman in the '40s or '80s.

VP in Charge of Cool bewareofgeek's Avatar

I'm less annoyed by the texture or lack of spit-curl than I am by the colors. Having the costume be dark is bad enough, but this suit just looks _grimy_, like an old pair of sneakers.
    Last edited by bewareofgeek; 12-07-2012 at 09:55 AM.

Mario Di Giacomo

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast