Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Administrator

Default This Doctor Who Mystery Is Right At Madame Vastra's Fingertips

A new promotional image for The Snowmen, this year's Doctor Who Christmas special, has revealed that Madame Vastra's hands are a whole lot less green than you might expect.

Look.

Now look closer.

This isn't a botch. Those aren't just the hands of Neve McIntosh, the actress who plays Vastra - they've been made-up. Haven't they?

When we med Vastra before, she was always wearing gloves. Has Moffat had a long game in mind all along? Or did he just notice the gloves and see an opportunity?

I guess it doesn't matter. It'll be a plot point now. Are we guessing she's not pure Silurian?

For a genuine dead-end oversight, you're probably better off pointing a finger - green or pink, whichever you have - at this anachronistic prop.

Actually, no. That's deliberate too isn't it?

Well, it will be now. I'm even expecting an explanation for Rory's ID badge to come along at some point.

I think I can already feel the timey wimey induced headache I am going to get from thinking about this episode...

you seen how haggard the Tardis looks, maybe its connected to The Doctor not wanting to be The Doctor any more.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Joe-Dono View Post
    you seen how haggard the Tardis looks, maybe its connected to The Doctor not wanting to be The Doctor any more.
    It will carry that subtext even if it isn't made literal, I'm sure.

Wrote the Book on Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Brendon Connelly View Post
    This isn't a botch. Those aren't just the hands of Neve McIntosh, the actress who plays Vastra - they've been made-up. Haven't they?
    Have they? What about them looks made up? They just look like ordinary human hands to me. I call mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Brendon Connelly View Post
    Actually, no. That's deliberate too isn't it?
    Now that may mean something.

You can forget to put gloves on an alien character, but why would that box even be in the vicinity of the set if it didn't mean anything?

VP in Charge of Cool

Re: The Hands. ....on her mothers side? I'm going for a Moffat glove'ed power play on that one and it won't add jup to much in the way of a revelation.

Re: The Underground Tin....This one is easier. The Doctor carries his jammie dodger's around in a tin he got once...he's simply brought it to Victorian England because they don't have jammie dodgers there yet? Seems the likeliest reason for it.

VP in Charge of Cool

Also: London Underground Tin could be a reference to "A Good Man goes to War" when Vastra says that the Doctor first met her in the London Underground trying to avenge the deaths of her sisters.

VP in Charge of Cool

Blogtor Who (who are still maintaining their "wall of silence" about their slipped 50th Anniversary post that mysteriously disappeared that Cameron is now claiming he never posted)....have pointed out that the image has been removed from the official site now....and they think it has less to do with Vastra's hands or the tin....but the initials on the doorway.

Maybe she wears human skin gloves.

VP in Charge of Cool

You could apparently see her human wrist in another shot and the person who noticed notified the Beeb and then took it down, and then re uploaded it with the wrist portion painted (photoshopped over)...and with their thanks for the oopsies.

So it would appear this is all sound and fury...ect.ect.

Linkie from official site: http://bbc.in/Xvggto
    Last edited by AnomanderRake; 12-06-2012 at 12:51 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast