Administrator

Default So Who Wants A Comics Industry Job In San Diego Then?

As I just said to my wife, "you know, if I applied for this job, I might just get it" to her response "we are not moving to San Diego just so it would be easier for you to go to Comic Con." She has a point.

But if you disagree;
    IDW is actively seeking discussions with Comics Marketing and PR professionals. Individuals willing to relocate to San Diego, with a background in Marketing and/or Publishing, are encouraged to drop a line, along with their resumes, to Dirk Wood at?*dirk@idwpublishing.com
    Your call. Or maybe you'd prefer being a Publishing Operations Analyst for DC Comics in New York.

Well, Marketing Folks, it is how Peter David got his start...

Dean of Cool University CammyKnoxville's Avatar

Maybe I should get into marketing...

I'd go with San Diego (that is if I was a marketing guy which I'm not). Closer to COmic Con (which you get a double bonus of not having hotel fees), the weather's better and cost of living is much better than New York.
    It's a dire, pessimistic, myopic exploration into the world where an idiot human crushed the idealism of an alien child to the point he became an ineffectual, mopey, sad little boy who helped cause the deaths of thousands, if not millions. Not Superman at all. -Pop-Tart Samson

It's basically a sales job, though, right?
    And I thought that helpdesk (my entire adult career) was unfulfilling, crappy, and demoralising.

Review | Random | Smile | Pic

M_M_M IS CURRENTLY OUT OF THE FUCKING OFFICE

KINDLY LEAVE A MESSAGE AFTER THE BEEP

THE BEEP IS CENSORING THE SWEAR M_M_M IS CALLING YOU FOR TRYING TO DISTURB HIS HOLIBOB

*shrugs* They may well just headhunt some marketing person out of T-W/DC's West Coast pool in January, after T-W's year end layoffs.
    Louis Bright-Raven
    Freelance writer / artist / editor
    http://bright-raven.deviantart.com
    http://www.facebook.com/louis.brightraven