Administrator

Default Doctor Who Christmas Special Plot Blurb, Poster And Monster Picture

The BBC are continuing the movie poster schtick with these promos for the upcoming Doctor Who Christmas special, The Snowmen. The new mystery, I suppose is why The Doctor and Clara are hanging outside of the Tardis and not travelling safely inside it.

And here's a high quality image of the episode's titular monsters. A touch of Jack Skellington in there.

The BBC have yet to confirm that the Doctor Who special will be airing on Christmas day but who are they kidding?

Here's the official plot blurb:
    Christmas Eve 1892 and the falling snow is the stuff of fairy-tales. When the fairy-tale becomes a nightmare and a chilling menace threatens Earth, an unorthodox young governess, Clara, calls on the Doctor for help.
    But the Doctor is in mourning, reclusive and determined not to engage in the problems of the universe. As old friends return, will the Doctor really abandon humankind or will he fight to save the world ? and Christmas ? from the icy clutches of this mysterious menace.
    He'll fight to save the world. And he'll win.

Though I assume it will take a little bit more than a box of lucifers. There's going to be something strange, and fire resistant, about this snow, I'd wonder.

Zen Master of Cool

"The BBC have yet to confirm that the Doctor Who special will be airing on Christmas day but who are they kidding?" Well, since the BBC America website says this:"...the upcoming Christmas special, The Snowmen, set to premiere on BBC AMERICA Tuesday, December 25 at 9/8c."; I'd agree and assume that the UK will get this Christmas, since the BBC and BBCA have both shown the Christmas specials on Christmas Day the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Brendon Connelly View Post
    But the Doctor is in mourning, reclusive and determined not to engage in the problems of the universe.
    Too bad the Doctor's not still in his fifth incarnation. After a teenage companion died that one said he didn't want "to mourn unnecessarily" and immediately set a course for The Great Exhibition of 1851 to cheer everyone up.

Last edited by Xofer; 11-27-2012 at 11:16 AM.
    Friends come in all sizes. That's a fact, it's true!

To be fair, he still had the hot young female companions around...

And Adric was a bit of a prat.