Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Administrator

Default Frankly, John Layman Is An Arse

Seriously, he is. Actually he's worse than that. And I told him.

Because I've just gone and read issue #30 of Chew. The halfway point. John Layman sent it me, and I was so happy. A kind of late fortieth birthday present, I decided.

Until I read it. While instant messaging him. Which went like this.
    Rich: Page 12!

John: Yessir.

Rich: Page 17!

John: The entire arc has been so light and fluffy. Nobody is gonna see this one coming.

Rich: You fucker.

John: Comes with a free poster too.

Rich: Oh, that'll make it all better then.

John: And you know what's even worse?

Rich: What?

John: Issue 31.
    Chew fans, prepare to get pissed off. Take over tumblr, terrorise twitter, write Rage comics on Reddit. You are not going to like issue 30. But you will buy it. And then buy 31...

If Poyo dies, I will riot.
    Last edited by ThatNickGuy; 11-26-2012 at 06:54 PM.

Very Cool

Its not really Poyo, its Doc Ock in his body.

Exceedingly Cool

HEY EVERYBODY!!!!! RICH KNOWS SOMETHING ABOUT AN UPCOMING COMIC THAT THE REST OF US DON'T!!!!!! AND HE'S NOT TELLING!!!! SHOCKING RIGHT?!?!?!!?

For fuck's sake

Dean of Cool University CammyKnoxville's Avatar

After reading issue #30, I'm in denial. I think I will be for quite some time. LA-LA-LA IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!

Looks like I should finish catching up on this one via the trades.

Tell me Amelia doesn't get fridged.

For one thing, it would be a little on-the-nose.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyT View Post
    HEY EVERYBODY!!!!! RICH KNOWS SOMETHING ABOUT AN UPCOMING COMIC THAT THE REST OF US DON'T!!!!!! AND HE'S NOT TELLING!!!! SHOCKING RIGHT?!?!?!!?

For fuck's sake
    Not in this case. The writer sent him the issue as a preview almost certainly under the condition he cannot spoil the story. All Rich is doing is providing a bit of advertising for a comic he read and likes without spoiling the story which is a normal condition of getting a preview. Seems fair enough to me.

In the recent Spiderman case where Rich knew about the Doc Ock swap, Rich was not given the issue by the writer or Marvel, so he really should have leaked the info. Dan Slott said he didn't tell Rich in one of the forum posts a few weeks back.

The two situations are quite different.

Chew is awesome. I've only been picking up the trades though I did get the Poyo one shot cause I wasn't sure if it'd be collected. Thought this was going to be an article talking shit on Layman or about something he said that offended yall. Glad to see that's not the case. No idea what it could be but I would like a Chew poster.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by uz000 View Post
    Not in this case. The writer sent him the issue as a preview almost certainly under the condition he cannot spoil the story. All Rich is doing is providing a bit of advertising for a comic he read and likes without spoiling the story which is a normal condition of getting a preview. Seems fair enough to me.

In the recent Spiderman case where Rich knew about the Doc Ock swap, Rich was not given the issue by the writer or Marvel, so he really should have leaked the info. Dan Slott said he didn't tell Rich in one of the forum posts a few weeks back.

The two situations are quite different.
    Why would I have wanted to spoil the ending of 698? The story was, as I saw it, that someone had leaked it in a strip club. I found that amusing enough to make for an article.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast