Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Administrator

Default Separated At Birth: Pandora And Zealot

From Justice League #6, on sale today. Pandora, drawn by Carlos D'Anda but created by Jim Lee.

And Zealot from WildCATS, by Jim Lee, also created by Jim Lee.

Okay, it's not going to be her, odds are considering her relationship with The Phantom Stranger in this issue, that she'll be the original Pandora, the very first woman in Greek myth. But there will be many mysteries along the way... Although here's something, it appears that Pandora has lost the extended fingers/claws that she originally appeared to be sporting...

Wrote the Book on Cool

The tattoos remind me more of Rachel Grey's mixed with Zealot's.

what's up with the guns
    Marvel: S-man 2099, Rocket Raccoon
    DC: Wonder Woman, Injustice, Detective Comics, Sandman Overture
    Indie: Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, Street Fighter, SkullKickers, Fatale, Elephantmen, Afterlife of Archie, The Wicked+The Divine

Consultant of Cool

darkseid is involved right? and didn't they say mother box allowed travel between worlds?

pandora's box?

"In classical Greek mythology, Pandora was the first woman on Earth. Zeus ordered Hephaestus, the God of craftsmanship, to create her, so he did—using water and Earth.[5] The gods endowed her with many gifts: Athena clothed her, Aphrodite gave her beauty, and Hermes speech. When Prometheus stole fire from heaven, Zeus took vengeance by presenting Pandora to Epimetheus, Prometheus' brother. With her, Pandora was given a beautiful container which she was not to open under any circumstance. Impelled by her curiosity given to her by the gods, Pandora opened it, and all evil contained therein escaped and spread over the earth. She hastened to close the container, but the whole contents had escaped, except for one thing that lay at the bottom, which was Hope."

wonder if prometheus will be involved and this will lead into multiversity?

I wonder if Orion still exists or if he has been written out to accommodate Darkseid's new daughter.

Wasn't Zealot a (part-?)alien warrior priestess with greek overtones and a ridiculously long life anyway? could they not just be merging the myths of the 2 universes?
    stress- noun \ˈstres\

The anxiety caused when a person's mind over-rides the body's natural urge to choke the living shit out of some arsehole who deserves it.

Quote Originally Posted by jephd View Post
    Wasn't Zealot a (part-?)alien warrior priestess with greek overtones and a ridiculously long life anyway? could they not just be merging the myths of the 2 universes?
    Yeah, I was kinda thinking it would fit better if she was going as Tapestry rather than Zealot, but even if she is going by Pandora it could still be the same character with a different name.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike H. View Post
    That post was written by New 52 Keith. His entire origin has been changed and everything (although some people will still insist that doesn't matter and that he's still the same character as always).

i know it is not, but the red hoodie reminds me of peter david's fallen angel!

Wrote the Book on Cool

Quote Originally Posted by sleeve View Post
    i know it is not, but the red hoodie reminds me of peter david's fallen angel!
    Which would be a real mindf--k, since didn't he create that character essentially to finish telling stories DC wouldn't let him with Supergirl?

Quote Originally Posted by Howard View Post
    The tattoos remind me more of Rachel Grey's mixed with Zealot's.
    Thank you! That's been nagging at me.

I'm sure there's either a Ditko or Kirby character that the lightning face marks remind me of, too, though it's frankly as likely my brain has sublimated.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast