Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    22,519

    Default Top Cow Embargoed Announcements - Artifacts, Velocity, Darkness

    As you read this, I am asleep. But Top Cow went and sent me the stuff they were to announce today at C2E2, embargoed to right now. I'm a good boy when it comes to embargoes. If you actually trust me with them that is.

    Anyway, yes, Top Cow. Go on then, what have you got?

    Artifacts #1 -

    As excitement builds for the launch of Top Cow's most ambitious event series to date, Artifacts, we proudly reveal the cover art for issue #1. Cover A is a beautiful "Jam" piece created by Marc Silvestri, Michael Broussard, Stjepan Sejic, Kenneth Rocafort, Nelson Blake II, and Sheldon Mitchell; inked by Rick Basaldua and colored by Sunny Gho of IFS. Cover B is part 1 of a 13 part cover series by John Tyler Christopher (Witchblade) featuring each of the 13 Artifact bearers. Cover C is by Dale Keown (The Darkness/Pitt). Artifacts #1 is slated to be in stores on July 21st.
    That'll be these things then I suppose.



    Anything else, Top Cow?

    ? Artifacts incentive program/ playing cards -

    Top Cow also proudly announces that the Artifacts series will feature a series of exciting and innovative incentive programs for retailers and fans. One of the more innovative incentives will involve a custom deck of playing cards, featuring original art of the Artifacts bearers and a custom box. Every suit has 13 cards from "2" to "Ace," which matches perfectly with the Artifact bearers. With each issue, retailers will have the opportunity to qualify to receive a set of 4 matching cards (ex. four 2s, four Aces, four 4s, and so on), until at the end of the 13 issue series, they will have a complete set of cards. A special gold foil chase set is also planned with details to follow.
    Okay I didn't understan any of that. Something to do with cards.

    ? New topcow.com & store coming in one week



    I get that, website relaunch and selling more stuff. Or as Top Cow put it.
    Top Cow is proud to announce that they will be re-launching topcow.com at the end of April with a sleek new design and updated features. In addition to offering fans more up to the minute information and innovative features like a Upcoming Releases and Appearances interactive calendars, the new website will also soon feature regularly updated videos and podcasts. Top Cow will also be re-launching thetopcowstore.com at the same time alongside new fulfillment partners.
    Learn brevity! Next?

    ? Velocity pages by Kenneth Rocafort

    Top Cow proudly debuted the first interior artwork from Velocity by Kenneth Rocafort. Written by Ron Marz (Witchblade, Artifacts), the series follows the fastest girl in the Top Cow Universe as she races around the globe in an attempt to save her teammates from an old enemy.
    That'll be these then.







    ? The Darkness: Four Horsemen



    Top Cow announced that a new four issue limited series featuring Jackie Estacado written by David Hine (FVZA: Federal Vampire & Zombie Agency, Spawn) with art by Jeff Wamester (RAZE) will debut in August.



    David Hine! Saved till the end? Not in my book!

  2. #2
    Zen Master of Cool
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    881

    Default

    Dear Top Cow: in this economy, nobody can fucking afford a cover series. In fact, that mindless trend died back when Marc Silvestri was capable of holding any manner of monthly schedule, in the bygone days from before most of their current fans were even born.
    If your company would like to attract attention and garner new readers, please climb the hell out of that pathetic, dated, box.

    sincerely,
    me.

  3. #3
    Dean of Cool University rambobloodaxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Inverness, Scotland
    Posts
    2,178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    As you read this, I am asleep. But Top Cow went and sent me the stuff they were to announce today at C2E2, embargoed to right now. I'm a good boy when it comes to embargoes. If you actually trust me with them that is.
    Which is probably why DC are giving you the time of day now, Rich.

    That David Hine art is loverly, I've been out of Darkness for a while, but I may just have togive this a go. Am I the only one who thinks Sara's Witchblade looks a bit Darkness-y in the Sara character cover?
    It's amazing that brain can generate enough power to keep those legs moving

  4. #4
    Wrote the Book on Cool Dave Elliott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    450

    Default

    Gotta love Sunny Gho's colouring on that jam piece. He managed to make all the different styles work together.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rambobloodaxe View Post

    That David Hine art is loverly, I've been out of Darkness for a while, but I may just have togive this a go.
    I wish I could draw like that. I'm writing the series. The wonderful art is by Jeff Wamester.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nilskidoo View Post
    Dear Top Cow: in this economy, nobody can fucking afford a cover series. In fact, that mindless trend died back when Marc Silvestri was capable of holding any manner of monthly schedule, in the bygone days from before most of their current fans were even born.
    If your company would like to attract attention and garner new readers, please climb the hell out of that pathetic, dated, box.

    sincerely,
    me.
    Dear Nilskidoo,

    We offered multiple covers on this series, because it is A) fun and some fans enjoy it and B) this series is an incredibly big deal for us and we wanted to communicate that by investing in additional art. All of our covers are offered under separate order codes so both retailers and fans can pick and choose what they want. In other words, feel free to not pick up the John Tyler Christopher cover series, but if that's your one reason for not checking out Artifacts (free issue #0 for FCBD!) then it strikes me as a fairly insubstantial one.

    On a side note, if doing multiple covers and themed cover series/sets is dated then all of the top 10 publishers in the direct market are dated. Marvel does it. DC does it. And the list goes on and on. Which makes it feel pretty contemporary to me.

    I hope you check out the series because I sincerely believe you might enjoy it. If you just want to be snarky on the internet, that's cool too.

    Take care,

    Filip Sablik
    Publisher, Top Cow Productions
    Get a free Witchblade Trade from www.instocktrades.com!

  7. #7
    Bleeding Cool Matt Spatola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Mount Joy, PA
    Posts
    10,610

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by filipsablik View Post
    Dear Nilskidoo,

    We offered multiple covers on this series, because it is A) fun and some fans enjoy it and B) this series is an incredibly big deal for us and we wanted to communicate that by investing in additional art. All of our covers are offered under separate order codes so both retailers and fans can pick and choose what they want. In other words, feel free to not pick up the John Tyler Christopher cover series, but if that's your one reason for not checking out Artifacts (free issue #0 for FCBD!) then it strikes me as a fairly insubstantial one.

    On a side note, if doing multiple covers and themed cover series/sets is dated then all of the top 10 publishers in the direct market are dated. Marvel does it. DC does it. And the list goes on and on. Which makes it feel pretty contemporary to me.

    I hope you check out the series because I sincerely believe you might enjoy it. If you just want to be snarky on the internet, that's cool too.

    Take care,

    Filip Sablik
    Publisher, Top Cow Productions
    Get a free Witchblade Trade from www.instocktrades.com!
    Thanks for jumping in. Personally I don't like multiple covers since- to me- seems more like a money grab than anything else. But I did want to say I love that Kenneth Rocafort you are showing here- clean, detailed and full of energy. Wow!
    The Comics Ticker- my new comics blog


    http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y185/mattspatola/venger-web-sig22222.jpg

    Follow me on: Twitter l Facebook l Email me l The Venger Blog

  8. #8
    Dean of Cool University rambobloodaxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Inverness, Scotland
    Posts
    2,178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by filipsablik View Post
    Dear Nilskidoo,

    We offered multiple covers on this series, because it is A) fun and some fans enjoy it and B) this series is an incredibly big deal for us and we wanted to communicate that by investing in additional art. All of our covers are offered under separate order codes so both retailers and fans can pick and choose what they want. In other words, feel free to not pick up the John Tyler Christopher cover series, but if that's your one reason for not checking out Artifacts (free issue #0 for FCBD!) then it strikes me as a fairly insubstantial one.

    On a side note, if doing multiple covers and themed cover series/sets is dated then all of the top 10 publishers in the direct market are dated. Marvel does it. DC does it. And the list goes on and on. Which makes it feel pretty contemporary to me.

    I hope you check out the series because I sincerely believe you might enjoy it. If you just want to be snarky on the internet, that's cool too.

    Take care,

    Filip Sablik
    Publisher, Top Cow Productions
    Get a free Witchblade Trade from www.instocktrades.com!

    Much prefer your sytem for variant covers than the big guns' "incentive" method.
    It's amazing that brain can generate enough power to keep those legs moving

  9. #9
    Consultant of Cool Chordlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    167

    Default

    Pass on all of it.

  10. #10
    Anti-Moderator _OM_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    15,827

    Default

    ...Well, good to see that Top Cow still produces titles that I have AbZero interest in.
    -------

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •