Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Administrator

Default BlueWater Productions Rush-Solicit Michael Jackson Edition - But Then What's Next?

Bluewater Productions are rush soliciting a Michael Jackson Tribute biographical comic book for October. Here are a couple of wrap covers.

Bluewater came to prominence initially with their Female Force biographical comics in the wake... and basically ripping off the production style of IDW's very successful Barack Obama and John McCain biographical comics. Seriously, look... IDW's biographies of Obama and McCain...

and then Bluewater's biographies of Palin and Clinton a couple of months later

Seriously, that's shameless. But, with huge sales, Bluewater decided to keep going.

No they really are doing that last one, it's not a parody.

However, thanks to the Bleeding Cool forum, we have a few suggestions for what might come next...

Would it surprise you to learn that I know that one of these parody suggestion is actually being worked on by Bluewater as we speak?
    Last edited by Mark Seifert; 06-29-2009 at 09:28 AM.

It's got to be Thatcher, right?
    alternate cover - too serious about comics

I'd love it if a UK publisher could do some sort of equivalent of IDW's election comics for the next UK general election - comic book biographies of Gordon Brown and David Cameron. In fact I'd volunteer to write or co-write the Cameron bio myself. (If successful, I'm sure a UK equivalent of Bluewater will eventually put together comics about Cherie Blair and Peter Viggers' ducks...)

By the way, you should run Bluewater's ORIGINAL cover for the Hillary Clinton comic, the one it originally solicited the comic with. THAT was something...
    Last edited by Tom; 06-29-2009 at 04:24 AM.

I'm guessing it's Thatcher too, infact I may even know it's Thatcher. In a post I wrote about these I actually suggested Thatcher would be a better selection than some of the nonsense they were putting out. http://www.sidekickcomicsuk.com/blog...is-there-any-n

By the way Rich I'm very new to your site, introduced to it by Chris Lynch over @ Monkeys With Machineguns but I'm really digging it. You're doing some great journalistic pieces of real value and I just wanted to say thanks. Makes me want to write better stuff myself.

Do Bluewater have any particular political leanings and/or agenda, or are they just happy to squeeze every cent they can from any 'subject' they can?

Cheers.
    "You might think that... I couldn't possibly comment..."

As shameless as these books are, I might actually read a Ted Kennedy one if they so opted to take the suggestion. I think it'd be a riot! A 32 page comic about an old politician all sauced up? It sounds funny to me...

It really is a shameless capitalization on the tragedies and popularity of others. The Obama stuff is bad but to make a 'tribute' comic for MJ is just tasteless... not that I found MJ to be tasteful himself...

Dean of Cool University JensAltmann's Avatar

I wonder why they haven't thought yet of doing a World Leaders series. Berlusconi, Sarkozy, Merkel, Aso, Putin, Brown... Heck, Italy alone would be an endless source of material, considering how often the government turns over there.

And yes, I'm entirely serious. That might actually do some good to educate readers about the rest of the world, and how other governments function (or not).
    ----------------------------
    Creator of Made of Fail
    Links to my Amazon.co.UK and Amazon.com pages.

Dean of Cool University JensAltmann's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    Would it surprise you to learn that I know that one of these parody suggestion is actually being worked on by Bluewater as we speak?
    Ann Coulter or Ted Kennedy, I'd guess. The others are too obscure in the US, the average American can't be expected to want to buy a copy.
    ----------------------------
    Creator of Made of Fail
    Links to my Amazon.co.UK and Amazon.com pages.

Wrote the Book on Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    I'd love it if a UK publisher could do some sort of equivalent of IDW's election comics for the next UK general election - comic book biographies of Gordon Brown and David Cameron. In fact I'd volunteer to write or co-write the Cameron bio myself. (If successful, I'm sure a UK equivalent of Bluewater will eventually put together comics about Cherie Blair and Peter Viggers' ducks...)

By the way, you should run Bluewater's ORIGINAL cover for the Hillary Clinton comic, the one it originally solicited the comic with. THAT was something...
    Could it be possible to include all the ways Brown has F$ked up the UK in one comic...? it would have to be an OGN.

and how would you portray his inability to pronouce English words... (Transpairancy ain't in the OED, Gordon)

I dunno... as much as I hate him, he does have an interesting backstory. I can imagine the first page being a big splash panel of the young Brown being kicked in the eye...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast