Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Return Of Grant Morrison And Steve Yeowell's Zenith?

Administrator

Default The Return Of Grant Morrison And Steve Yeowell's Zenith?

Zenith was 2000AD's first superhero strip, published in the eighties, written by Grant Morrison and drawn by Steve Yeowell. It basically got Morrison his gig on Animal Man, and the rest is history.

Serialised over a number of years, it was collected in paperback, but then it seems a new printing was suddenly halted. It seems that the paperwork on Zenith was suddenly rather unclear. Did 2000AD own it, or did Morrison? A large printing was held in a warehouse for years, with a few copies escaping into the wild, before the whole printing was pulped.

And there it stood. But now Alex Hern in the New Statesman has written;

But I've heard through the grapevine that that might be cleared up ? and sooner than I thought. Rebellion aren't talking, but turning up to C2E2. the Chicago comic-con, wearing Zenith t-shirts (as seen in the pic at the top, there) could be interpreted as a pretty big wink in that direction. I'd say "wait and see"; just, don't go dropping £100 on a complete set on eBay any time soon. You'll be kicking yourself if I'm right?

Dean of Cool University Acrid_Gunsmoke's Avatar

I've been waiting on a reprint of ZENITH forever.

That and a reprint of Alan Moore's SUPREME would make me excruciatingly happy.

Cool! Phase 3 is still one of my favourite stories. The whole work deserves to be back in print.

...Then Phase 5?

Dean of Cool University

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Hern
    But I've heard through the grapevine that that might be cleared up — and sooner than I thought. Rebellion aren't talking, but turning up to C2E2. the Chicago comic-con, wearing Zenith t-shirts (as seen in the pic at the top, there) could be interpreted as a pretty big wink in that direction.
    By "heard through the grapevine", does he mean "read a speculative article on The Beat"?

Banned

I wonder if it's Grant Morrison's Zenith and NOT Miracleman who's going to be merged into the Marvel Universe

Wrote the Book on Cool

I've been wanting to read ZENITH for years.

That's pretty much the definition of "instant buy"!

If you said 'Milwaukee', you are CORRECTAMUNDO!

Quote Originally Posted by Acrid_Gunsmoke View Post
    I've been waiting on a reprint of ZENITH forever.

That and a reprint of Alan Moore's SUPREME would make me excruciatingly happy.
    I thought Checker reprinted everything from Moore's run in two TPBs a few years ago. Granted, they were just scans of the original issues...

If you said 'Milwaukee', you are CORRECTAMUNDO!

Quote Originally Posted by Qward-O View Post
    I wonder if it's Grant Morrison's Zenith and NOT Miracleman who's going to be merged into the Marvel Universe
    Yep. That's why the people who work for Rebellion were wearing Zenith t-shirts -- because Morrison made a deal with Marvel. Way to sift through those clues.

Grant Morrison is one of the first writers I enjoyed reading. Since Doom Patrol, he's always challenged my thought process in story-telling. Can't Wait!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast