Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oblivion, Based On The Non-Existing Graphic Novel

Way Cool

As originally reported here and here.

Zen Master of Cool

Used to work for Radical. The book was promoted as far back as 2007. Ian Edginton did a lot of work on shaping the story before Arvid Nelson came on board. Just a correction, it was supposed to be an "illustrated Novel", meaning a prose book with full page spread artwork inserted thoughout.

Despite what Heidi has recently written, I seriously doubt that this, or any Radical comic/book will ever see the light of day. Company is pretty much broke and begging for money. Also the publishing staff was let go or ran for the hills. Really a toxic environment to be in at the time.

Dean of Cool University

Not that big of a deal.

Rememember "The Mark"? Rob Liefeld's big hollywood project with the pre-ID4 Will Smith?

If you said 'Milwaukee', you are CORRECTAMUNDO!

So it was Cowboys & Aliens all over again? No wonder I had an ingrained aversion to this movie!

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    The writers' strike occurred in 2007 so I had a treatment for a film but I had no way to actually write it. It couldn?t be written by anyone in the guild so the partnership with Radical Comics allowed me to continue working on the story
    Well, if you're looking for an industry where you can get around that pesky issue of creator's rights, I guess comics are the place to go.
    ShadowMax: Has anyone actually verified this is the real Steve Wacker?

Me: Quick Steve, tell us something only Steve Wacker would know.

Steve Wacker: [The Marvel relaunch] secretly is a reboot.

Me: If you mean the continuity won't match up with any of the preceding issues, anyone could have predicted that.

Dean of Cool University fredmanson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IronButt View Post
    Used to work for Radical. The book was promoted as far back as 2007. Ian Edginton did a lot of work on shaping the story before Arvid Nelson came on board. Just a correction, it was supposed to be an "illustrated Novel", meaning a prose book with full page spread artwork inserted thoughout.

Despite what Heidi has recently written, I seriously doubt that this, or any Radical comic/book will ever see the light of day. Company is pretty much broke and begging for money. Also the publishing staff was let go or ran for the hills. Really a toxic environment to be in at the time.
    Shiiiit... My Radical loyalty is really badly hurt for the third time... Damned Radical's "heads"...

I am sorry for you guy, and for all the other ex-employees...
    R.I.P. Toena (2001-2013)

Singles: Image Comics, Black Mask Comics, Mignola Verse, Aliens Verse, The Bunker, After Life, 2000 AD, Judge Dredd Meg

Zen Master of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by fredmanson View Post
    Shiiiit... My Radical loyalty is really badly hurt for the third time... Damned Radical's "heads"...

I am sorry for you guy, and for all the other ex-employees...
    Much appreciated. I got to work some great talent and some. Fellow co-workers. Radical really could have been something special without a certain two people screwing things up and screwing people over.

Captain Cool

Quote Originally Posted by IronButt View Post
    Much appreciated. I got to work some great talent and some. Fellow co-workers. Radical really could have been something special without a certain two people screwing things up and screwing people over.
    Gene & Nick Simmons?

Zen Master of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Meadow View Post
    Gene & Nick Simmons?
    LOL. Talking more about folks like Dave Elliott, David Hine, Steve Pugh, Rick Remender, M Zachary Sherman, Doug Sirois and a bunch of others.

Dean of Cool University Grendel's Avatar

Sometimes I wish Hollyweird would go back to adapting actual novels. There are plenty of SF novels yet to be adapted.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast