Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A British Explosion! (UPDATE: Yes, It's Mike Carey)

Administrator

Default A British Explosion! (UPDATE: Yes, It's Mike Carey)

So...

I'm told that next week, Boom! Studios will be launching a new creator owned ongoing series from a British writer, who hasn't launched such a thing before outside of Vertigo...

Paul Cornell is out, he's already worked for Boom... Could it be Mike Carey? Peter Milligan? Jamie Delano? Any other suggestions

UPDATE: Yes, thanks for all the emails, it's Mike Carey...

Zen Master of Cool NielsVanEekelen's Avatar

Mike Carey said in an interview recently that he has something in the works at Boom, so if I were a betting man...

And say "Mike Carey" and you pretty much instantly have my interest, so looking forward to the announcement.
    FULCRUM: An ongoing fantasy saga by Niels van Eekelen, out now on Kindle and Smashwords in all e-book formats, or start reading for FREE on TelltaleProductions.nl

Zen Master of Cool NielsVanEekelen's Avatar

Here:

(12char; even though I have that friggin' quote.)
    FULCRUM: An ongoing fantasy saga by Niels van Eekelen, out now on Kindle and Smashwords in all e-book formats, or start reading for FREE on TelltaleProductions.nl

Hasn't launched a creator owned series outside Vertigo...Delano has done a couple of minis at Avatar, Milligan did The Programme at Wildstorm...Carey could be a possibility. He's been pretty quiet since he left X-Men. Just The Unwritten on his slate at the moment, and the way Vertigo is headed I wouldn't be surprised to see him launching something elsewhere for when the axe inevitably falls.

[EDIT] and I got Ninja'd by Niels, who seems to have it nailed. Well, this should be something to look forward to, then

Consultant of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by NielsVanEekelen View Post
    Mike Carey said in an interview recently that he has something in the works at Boom, so if I were a betting man...

And say "Mike Carey" and you pretty much instantly have my interest, so looking forward to the announcement.
    I wonder why? Didn't he leave X-Men Legacy because he couldn't handle 2 ongoings and his career as a novelist.

Consultant of Cool

Whoever it is, if he/she is normally linked to Vertigo, you have to wonder if:

a) this is the first fallout of Karen Berger's departure, and Vertigo creators unhappy with the new regime, or
    b) if Vertigo rejected it first because it's not up to par, and the writer had to look elsewhere, a la everything Avatar prints

Or another reason entirely, of course.

Here's hoping it's Mike Carey and it's great.

Quote Originally Posted by Roldan View Post
    I wonder why? Didn't he leave X-Men Legacy because he couldn't handle 2 ongoings and his career as a novelist.
    How many creator owned ongoings does Vertigo have left? Fables, The Unwritten, and...? Perhaps he knows something we don't.

Wrote the Book on Cool thecomicbookshop.co.uk's Avatar
    Kingston Upon Hull, The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

American Vampire is only on hiatus. Apparently due to Scott Snyder's workload but he has another creator owned Vertigo series in the pipeline. As does Jeff Lemire. I don't remember if they are ongoings or minis though.
    PAUL EKE

AMAZING FANTASY
    19 ANLABY ROAD,
    HULL,
    HU1 2PJ,
    UNITED KINGDOM
    thecomicbookshop.co.uk

You hear that Yankee's? We're back and we're taking your shit too!
    Marvel: S-man 2099, Rocket Raccoon
    DC: Wonder Woman, Injustice, Detective Comics, Sandman Overture
    Indie: Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, Street Fighter, SkullKickers, Fatale, Elephantmen, Afterlife of Archie, The Wicked+The Divine

Quote Originally Posted by thekeith82 View Post
    Hasn't launched a creator owned series outside Vertigo...Delano has done a couple of minis at Avatar, Milligan did The Programme at Wildstorm...Carey could be a possibility. He's been pretty quiet since he left X-Men. Just The Unwritten on his slate at the moment, and the way Vertigo is headed I wouldn't be surprised to see him launching something elsewhere for when the axe inevitably falls.

[EDIT] and I got Ninja'd by Niels, who seems to have it nailed. Well, this should be something to look forward to, then
    It's probably Carey they're talking about, though of course he did Inferno at Caliber in the day.
    This is another test.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast