Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stan Lee, Too Ill For Arizona?

Administrator

Default Stan Lee, Too Ill For Arizona?

It's a dangerous thing to suggest that Stan Lee may be too ill to appear at a comic book show, he has a tendency to drink milkshakes at you.

But the Amazing Arizona Comic Con on this weekend tells us;
    We here at Amazing Arizona Comic Con regret to announce that we have been informed by Mr. Stan Lee?s representatives that he is physically unable to travel and appear for this weekend?s events due to illness.

Fortunately, we have a full weekend of great programming, over hundred of comic creators coming to the convention, and nearly 300 exhibitors on the main floor. Further headline guest Jim Lee, the Best Selling comic artist of all time, will be on hand at the event to meet with attendees, sign FREE autographs, and share in the spirit of comics and pop culture. Amazing Arizona Comic Con apologizes for the inconvenience and wishes Mr. Stan Lee a speedy recovery.
    The show is offering refunds on Stan Lee Photo Ops or Stan Lee Packages if you get in touch today or tomorrow. And for those who bought signing tickets for Saturday, you can get a refund, or bring items to be signed and they will be delivered to Stan's office to be signed and returned, or sent to CGC for Signature Series grading. You can also still buy such signing opportunities.

Best wishes to the hardest (and longest) working man in the comic business!

.......Yikes!
    The Comics Ticker- my new comics blog

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y185/mattspatola/venger-web-sig22222.jpg

Follow me on: Twitter l Facebook l Email me l The Venger Blog

Wrote the Book on Cool 0bsessions's Avatar

Sometimes it's hard to stop and think that Lee is 90 years old now and still doing this stuff. Hopefully slowing it down a bit helps him keep on trucking for a while longer.

Dean of Cool University FilmBuffRich's Avatar

My girlfriend has often chided me that I have no emotions because she has never seen me cry, but I know I won't be the only one bawling when the inevitable day for Stan comes.

Until then, here's wishing him health and happiness and that this news is only a minor roadbump.

Here's hoping Stan's healing factor kicks in soon. Wishing nothing but the best for Stan the Man.
    Writer/Editor/Talent Acquisitions/Production- Grayhaven Comics www.grayhavencomics.com
    Promotions - Shadowline Comics www.shadowlineonline.com
    Twitter: @marclombardi
    I'm opinionated. Be forewarned.

Consultant of Cool

God bless the ol' guy, he's older than my grandmother and gets around better than she does, but there's a point where you just can't keep going along like a young man of 75. I wish Stan the best and hope that his remaining years are comfortable and enjoyable.

Wrote the Book on Cool

I was surprised to see he was coming to this con and not (as far as I know) the Phoenix Comicon in May...

Although, now that I think about it, coming to Arizona in late January vs coming to Arizona in late May...

That is freaking weird. Before the page loaded.. I had the oddest idea pop into my head. That if Stan Lee was ill, it would make a headline. Clearly I felt a distubance in the universe when such a strong and enthisiastic creator and the world's biggest comics enthusist is sick and cannot go to a con. Best wishes go out to him and his family. Wishing him excelsior health.

VP in Charge of Cool Enigma_2099's Avatar

Stan. You've done enough, man. For God's sake... REST.
    ~Hah... HAH, I SAY!!! The only way I'll even start to believe any attempt that he makes to pay what he owes is sincere and genuine is if he pawns the damn Porsche and uses that as collateral.

This is like me shooting a baby in the head, and trying to sound all repentative pleading my case, WHILE CHEWING ON IT'S CORPSE.~

My opinion of Pat Lee.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast