Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Preview: Hyrule Historia - The Dark Horse Book With A Gross Sale Of Nine Million Dollars

Administrator

Default Preview: Hyrule Historia - The Dark Horse Book With A Gross Sale Of Nine Million Dollars

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YawPegJpMu4[/youtube]

The last time I checked in on this, Hyrule Historia had received 150,000 preorders.

I understand it has now passed a quarter of a million. A hundred thousand of those have gone to Amazon alone. But many believe this will be a tactile sale, you'll see it, feel it, flip through it, then have to own it.

And with a cover price of $35, if sold at that, it would inject nine million dollars into the economy single handed.

If Dark Horse received merely ten dollars a copy, they would make over two and a half million from one book.

Which also means, this may well be the highest grossing book in the comic shop of the year. And it's out at the end of January. Is it a graphic novel? No. But it does contain an exclusive comic by Legend of Zelda manga creator Akira Himekawa.

And, you know, everything else ever about the greatest games franchise ever created.

Take a peek. Anything more, we are embargoed all the way up to Skyloft.

Consultant of Cool

Does anyone know where one can get the "deluxe" version? I keep checking Amazon, but it's never for sale (presale?).
    The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia Limited Collector's Edition: Shigeru Miyamoto, Eiji Aonuma, Patrick Thorpe, Akira Himekawa: 9781616551612: Amazon.com: Books

Wrote the Book on Cool 0bsessions's Avatar

I haven't actually preordered yet, but I'm buying the shit out of this book.

Exceedingly Cool

The limited edition is sold out (All 4,000 copies) and with 100,000 books going to Amazon alone, Hyrule Historia is set to be the biggest, if not best book of the year.

Quote from AUB @Dark Horse

Consultant of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Automattic Comics View Post
    The limited edition is sold out (All 4,000 copies) and with 100,000 books going to Amazon alone, Hyrule Historia is set to be the biggest, if not best book of the year.

Quote from AUB @Dark Horse
    Thanks for the update. I was hoping to get it as a present to my cousin, but I guess she will have to settle for the regular one.

Exceedingly Cool

indeed I recon the Limied one will be going for premium money on evilbay !

Pre-ordered the Limited Edition Weeks ago, but those who are wondering i heard the limited edition will be delivered later than the regular version
    Marvel: S-man 2099, Rocket Raccoon
    DC: Wonder Woman, Injustice, Detective Comics, Sandman Overture
    Indie: Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, Street Fighter, SkullKickers, Fatale, Elephantmen, Afterlife of Archie, The Wicked+The Divine

Zen Master of Cool ShinAkuma666's Avatar

Great for Dark Horse ! One of the best publishers out there in my opinion

Bleeding Cool

I am curious to know who didn't think Skyward Sword was trash.

Okay, it was half and half. The dungeons were often typically quality Zelda adventuring, but the flying, questing, motion control shit . . . it was the least even Zelda game I've ever played, which is saying something for a series I'd felt was becoming a bit stale.

Quote Originally Posted by Hdefined View Post
    I am curious to know who didn't think Skyward Sword was trash.

Okay, it was half and half. The dungeons were often typically quality Zelda adventuring, but the flying, questing, motion control shit . . . it was the least even Zelda game I've ever played, which is saying something for a series I'd felt was becoming a bit stale.
    Motion controls where fine by me except the swimming, it had some of the best dungeon designs in it's history, i liked the upgrading system, though using that net to get materials made me feel like an idiot.
    Overall it isn't the worst or my least fave but it's not as god as some of the earlier console games.

Oh and swimming was a nightmare till i got used to it... 2ohrs into the game
    Marvel: S-man 2099, Rocket Raccoon
    DC: Wonder Woman, Injustice, Detective Comics, Sandman Overture
    Indie: Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, Street Fighter, SkullKickers, Fatale, Elephantmen, Afterlife of Archie, The Wicked+The Divine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast