Thread: Some Rather Remarkable Covers For A Regular Show Comic

Administrator

Default Some Rather Remarkable Covers For A Regular Show Comic

It's Thursday night, or rather, Friday morning. I've just come back from the pub. And what do I find waiting for me, and me alone? The covers to the new Regular Show #1 comic from Boom! for April.

Which is probably going to go rather Adventure Timey very soon indeed.

So I thought I'd share them with you. Don't they look pretty? And look, there's some solicitation text as well...
    REGULAR SHOW...IT?S ANYTHING BUT! Cartoon Network?s powerhouse seriesnow has its own comic book series! Hot on the heels of the smash hitadaptation, ADVENTURE TIME, KaBOOM! unveils the next all-ages comicphenomenon! Join Mordecai the Bluejay and Rigby the Raccoon, a coupleof best bros in their twenties just tryin? to chill for a bit, man.But when you?re livin? in as crazy a world as they are, no day can becalled...regular!Ask your retailer about the pre-order variant by Chris Houghton(ADVENTURE TIME, REED GUNTHER) and the incentive variant by DustinNguyen (BATMAN, L?IL GOTHAM)!

Author(s): K.C. GreenArtist(s): Allison StrejlauCover Artist(s): A: Nick Edwards, D: John Allison,

Wrote the Book on Cool GreenCatcher's Avatar

I could never get into this cartoon but good for the fans. Now all I demand is a Gravity Falls comic book.
    "They used to call the devil the father of lies. But for someone whose sin is meant to be pride, you'd think that lying would leave something of a sour taste. So my theory is that when the devil wants to get something out of you, he doesn't lie at all. He tells you the exact, literal truth. And he lets you find your own way to hell." Mr. Easterman

is acid the new formula for cartoons these days? I know in the 90s it was crack but...
    Marvel: S-man 2099, Rocket Raccoon
    DC: Wonder Woman, Injustice, Detective Comics, Sandman Overture
    Indie: Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, Street Fighter, SkullKickers, Fatale, Elephantmen, Afterlife of Archie, The Wicked+The Divine

VP in Charge of Cool

My kids love this so I've seen a fair bit. I'm always put off by the Family Guy style voice acting, so maybe I'll like the comic better.

I use to hate this cartoon (my nephew was a fan of it since day 1 and always tried to get me to watch it with him), but I finally got into it after I watched the Muscle Woman episode and that episode where a video game boss character came to life and fought the RG gang. From then on, I have been hooked on this show. We have at least one customer who will definitely be interested in this series.
    Last edited by Blade X; 01-17-2013 at 09:32 PM.

I still really can't get into Adventure Time. Not bad.. just never dug it all that much. And I am not getting into My Little Pony. The fans I see online and at cons.. well.. some of yhem to be fair.. are quite rabid about these shows. Those two and Homestuck. I cannot go to a con without seeing mobs of them. Arg.

Meanwhile.. I really love Regular Show. I definately need to get this comic. Glad to see some merch. I saw some toys.. but they were disapointing ones from often sub par company Jazzwares. I got a Regular Show calendar because I was so pleased to see one. The show has a giant ongoing love letter to the 80s and early 90s. Right up my generation's alley. Kinda wonder how appealing it is to kids today.

And I will second that I would love a Gravity Falls one too. Though that is Disney. Are they shipping all their properties to some Marvel kids umprint or sticking with Boom? Those two shows are my favorite cartoons on righy now. Well.. and Bob's Burgers also with Kristin Schaal. It took me a while to discovver them, but they are now favorites.

Dean of Cool University

Quote Originally Posted by The Xenos View Post
    And I will second that I would love a Gravity Falls one too. Though that is Disney. Are they shipping all their properties to some Marvel kids umprint or sticking with Boom?
    As far as we know: neither.