Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Speculator Corner: Nova #1

Administrator

Default Speculator Corner: Nova #1

I understand that the upcoming Nova series from Marvel is the first comic that will lead up to Marvel's major event later this year, after Age Of Ultron.

It's not alone, Thanos Rising and Guardians Of The Galaxy are also tying in to what will no doubt be something terribly cosmic.

I've also been told that Jeph Loeb's work on Nova "may be the best work of his career". Of late, Loeb's work has received considerable criticism and it's been a long time since the plaudist that Long Dark Hallowe'en, Superman For All Seasons, The Witching Hour and the Marvel "Colour" volumes. However the word on this is that it "feels like a modern day Spider-Man has been created."

Anyway, consider this a flag. You may want to make sure you've ordered a copy from your store. Or make do with the inevitable second print.

Damn, two major events in one year from Marvel! That seems a bit excessive. Also, I have never liked Jeph Loeb as a writer. I never quite understood the hype around his Batman work even though everyone always cites them in their best Batman trades lists.

Consultant of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    I've also been told that Jeph Loeb's work on Nova "may be the best work of his career" [and] ...that it "feels like a modern day Spider-Man has been created."
    Did Jeph Loeb tell you this...?

Unless this 2nd event is going to lead to a total reboot of the entire MU, I don't think that this series is going to be sort out by the idiotic speculators.

However the word on this is that it "feels like a modern day Spider-Man has been created."
    I doubt that whole heartedly... and yet anything is better than the current Spider-man
    Marvel: S-man 2099, Rocket Raccoon
    DC: Wonder Woman, Injustice, Detective Comics, Sandman Overture
    Indie: Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, Street Fighter, SkullKickers, Fatale, Elephantmen, Afterlife of Archie, The Wicked+The Divine

Wrote the Book on Cool

This may be Sam Alexander. But it certainly ISN'T Nova.

Wrote the Book on Cool Mars Hottentot's Avatar

However the word on this is that it "feels like a modern day Spider-Man has been created."
    Which was what they said the first second and third time they trotted his ass out.

Zen Master of Cool

And Speedball in the 80s. And Gravity (which was great but y'know). And Alpha yesterday. etc.

I don't care if you told me I was going to make $10 no matter what on buying a Loeb comic right now. I still wouldn't buy it. My principles are worth at least $11.50.

VP in Charge of Cool Devil Dinosaur's Avatar

It would take a lot of positive buzz to get me to read a Loeb comic. Oh, and what the fuck does "plaudist" mean, Rich?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Shinn View Post
    Did Jeph Loeb tell you this...?
    Either that or he was within earshot.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast