Thread: When The Police Suspected The Son Of Sam Worked In Comics

Administrator

Default When The Police Suspected The Son Of Sam Worked In Comics

Bob Rozaskis writes about the "Son Of Sam" killing in New York of 1977. And how the police got in touch with DC Comics about the block, comic-style lettering.
    At the time, I was Assistant Production Manager at DC. One of my jobs was assigning the lettering work, so it was not surprising when I was called into President Sol Harrison?s office and asked if I could suggest anyone. Though the lettering might have had a look of professionalism to an untrained eye, I quickly pointed out that it was far too inconsistent to be anything we would have used.

And for those curious, Michael T Gilbert's Mr Monster debuted from Eclipse in the eighties...

気持ち悪い

Dean of Cool University

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    And for those curious, Michael T Gilbert's Mr Monster debuted from Eclipse in the eighties...
    Actually, Michael T. Gilbert based his Mr. Monster character on the 1947 version seen in Super Duper Comics #3.

That's 'Rozakis'.
    Visit http://dangermart.blogspot.com/ for comic reviews

Consultant of Cool

Seriously, Rozakis has his name on the page you link to four times, all with the right spelling, you must know by now your spelling sucks, and Rozakis is the kind of name that even good spellers would do well to double check (I almost always put an "s" where the "z" is). How hard would it be to cut and paste the right name?