Thread: Can You Find A New Home For Comics Etc?

Administrator

Default Can You Find A New Home For Comics Etc?

Comics Etc of Village Gate, Rochester, New York, will soon no longer be of Village Gate. The owber writes on Facebook;
    Comics Etc is being evicted from Village Gate. We've had this hanging over our heads since the Bop Shop and Ricky's Place were evicted a year ago, and now we're the next victim. We are shocked by this, as we have been the top retail draw at VG for 20 years. We have been victimized by some liars but I do not want to discuss it as this time. but I am making a plea.

We need to a new location. If you know of anything >2500 sq ft, on the East side of Rochester or possibly Brighton or Irondequoit, please let us know immediately. The situation is dire and an entire family is depending on us staying in business, in addition to the customers who have very little choice where to shop anymore, with the closing of Empire Comics and the impending closing of another small shop.Help us find a new place.

From one shop owner to another- I sincerely wish you the best of luck. Hopefully something in the area will open up for you. My only advice that you may not have thought about would be to survey other shop owners with similar square footage in the area and see if anyone is considering closing or retirement- you could get lucky and make a deal that makes a few parties happy (you, property owner and business looking for a way out of their lease). Good luck!

Exceedingly Cool

We have been victimized by some liars but I do not want to discuss it as this time.
    ???? Sounds like a story! Get on it, Rich!
    I write about comics.
    Tumblr - Twitter - Column

I wish the owners the best of luck in finding a new location promptly.

Dean of Cool University Captain Comet's Avatar

Oh man, this sucks. Literally every store in Rochester seems to be closing. A true bummer, and slightly ironic as I'd always seen Empire tagged as one of America's first comic shops. Damn.

Wrote the Book on Cool

20 years and the property owner says "Get out!" wow. I wish you guys the best of luck. If you guys were around my area I could give you pages of listings of small store fronts on main streets even.

Bummer, this is the shop where I started reading comics again in my 20's, mostly batman and blade of the immortal. Village gate is a cool shopping destination and they hold toy/collectible shows there twice a year. It will be really strange to not have the comic store there. That store is packed with lots of cool stuff. Not much reason to travel up to rochester and the village gate anymore I guess.

I think I've been to this store, back in the 1990s. I don't usually hit too many store when I head out to Rochester except for Empire. If it's the store I'm thinking of, it's a nice store but definitely in a bad location. The one I'm thinking of was in a old industrial building they turned into a sort of mini-mall. The few times I was in this store I found it to crammed ull of great stuff, with a great group of employees. But I always tught the space was too small for them. So maybe it's a mixed blessing.

Good luck on the move! I hope Rich does a story on your new location so people can come check it out!