Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Titan Comics To Relaunch A1 With Dave Elliott, Matt Wagner, Dave Johnson, Paul Jenkins, Jim Steranko, Rufus Dayglo, Garry Leach, D'Israeli, Sami Basri And More

Administrator

Default Titan Comics To Relaunch A1 With Dave Elliott, Matt Wagner, Dave Johnson, Paul Jenkins, Jim Steranko, Rufus Dayglo, Garry Leach, D'Israeli, Sami Basri And More

This is massive.

Early this week, we reported on the launch of Titan Comics, a new creator-owned line from British publisher Titan. Now it's stepped up a notch.

Titan are getting in bed with Dave Elliott, the man behind A1 and Atomeka to revive the line. Elliott, who has worked on the likes of Warrior, Deadline, 2000AD, Radical Studios and currently works with DC on the Superman titles, is now returning to his greatest creative triumph, and getting the backing of a major British comics publisher.

The new A1 will lauch in June as a monthly anthology and will include comics that Elliott has been developing with Heavy Metal.

Creators will include Dave Elliott, Barnaby Bagenda, Garrie Gastonny, W. H.Rauf, Rhoald Marcellius,SaktiYuwono and Stellar Labs, and the first three strips will be the fairytale mashup Weirding Willows, the superhero fighting in the Hevane/Hell apocalypse Odyssey and the world's greatest seven assassins, Carpe Diem.

In July, they will launch Tomorrowland by PaulJenkins and Stellar Labs, about the extradimensional artistic "idea space" that runs along the way we percive the world, and the war between the two that we always fight in...

In September, they will collect previous Weirding Willows strips, by Dave Elliott, Barnaby Bagenda, Sami Basri, Sakti Yuwono and Jessica Kholinne.

They will also bring back the MonsterMassacre anthology, with work from Alan Moore, Dave Dorman, Mark A. Nelson , Dave Wilkins, Tom Raney, Ron Marz,DougBraithwaite, Michael Gilbert and more.

And also Sharky by DaveElliott and AlexHorley, previously published by Image, about the son of Odin and grandson of Zeus hitting puberty.

October will bring more Monster Massacre, by Stanley Artgerm Lau, Tom Raney, Dave Wilkins, Alex Horley, Dave Dorman, Mark A.Nelson, Sami Basri, Toby Cypres and more.

And then there's the A1 Annual with Matt Wagner, Dave Johnson, Rufus Dayglo, Dave Dorman, Mark A. Nelson, JimSteranko, D?Israeli, Garry Leach and more.

Then December brings the first Tomorrowland collection.

They will all be day-and-date digital.

Combined with the other Titan Comics titles and the (admittedly rather late) magazine Mark Millar's CLiNT, Titan Publishing has transformed for being a licensed publisher of comics into a fully fledged creator owned boutique. It's nothing short of dazzling.

Wrote the Book on Cool

"Combined with the other Titan Comics titles and the (admittedly rather late) magazine Mark Millar's CLiNT, Titan Publishing has transformed for being a licensed publisher of comics into a fully fledged creator owned boutique. It's nothing short of dazzling."
    Ha! Good one Rich.

Mike

gnawing hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space

Are those new Titan title going to be in Previews?
    PLEASE CONSIDER putting SilverSmurfer on ignore due to his factually incorrect and hysteric claim that "Uber" is a "historically revisionist nazi fantasy," and that we should boycott Avatar for it.
    Thank you for your Considerations.

Steranko? Sold!

Wrote the Book on Cool

In what capacity is Dave Elliot working with DC on the Superman books?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Daniels View Post
    Ha! Good one Rich.

Mike
    I think you're maybe missing the point of this article.

Wrote the Book on Cool

Oop, got it. He works for Stellar Labs, seems to do some post production work. Nice.

Anyway, I'm pumped for this. There seem to be some interesting comics in there. What's the coverage going to be in the states? Will I have access to this outside digital?

Wrote the Book on Cool

I thought Weirding Willows sounded cool when it was first mentioned. Between these and yesterday's titles, I'm excited about Titan Comics.

Interesting, I've ended up picking up a couple of issues of the original A1 series and was really impressed by it. Plus having recently dropped DHP, I'm in the market for a new anthology.

Any idea what the new format will be? Are we talking 32 pages floppies or a longer perfect-bound affair?
    When in doubt, "Try not to be a dick" is usually a good place to start.
    The infrequently-updated Euro comics thread || Small Press Reviews thread||Random Chat thread

Quote Originally Posted by Fysh View Post
    Interesting, I've ended up picking up a couple of issues of the original A1 series and was really impressed by it.
    Have you seen any of the colour series that Epic published in the early 90s? Definitely worth checking out if you haven't.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast