Thread: A Comic Shop - How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love Superior Spider-Man #1

Administrator

Default A Comic Shop - How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love Superior Spider-Man #1

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcX2XGIyZuw[/youtube]

Aaron Haaland, of A Comic Shop in Orlando, Florida, writes;

Hey Fandom, my name is Aaron, and I loved Superior Spider-man #1!

I'm not going to spoil the ending, but I do think most of the haters of Amazing #700 would actually like this issue! It's fun to see Doc Ock Peter with a douche bluetooth in his ear and then see him as a selfless and successful Spider-man. And then there's that ending... The other major stand out book of the week is Brian Wood's Star Wars #1. This is the Star Wars book I've always wanted. If you're and original trilogy fan get this book, you'll be hooked from the first page!

------------------Comics Reviewed -------------------------------- 0:38 -- Superior Spider-Man #1 2:00 -- Thor: God of Thunder #4 2:31 -- Thunderbolts #3 3:25 -- Star Wars #1 5:44 -- Luther Strode #2 6:11 -- Walking Dead #106 6:18 -- Harbinger Vol #1 6:52 -- TMNT #1 7:14 -- Adventure Time #11 7:32 -- Detective Comics #16 8:06 -- Swamp Thing #16 8:34 -- Animal Man #16 8:50 -- Animal Man Vol #2 9:02 -- Wonder Woman Vol # 2 9:41 -- Earth 2 #8

Wrote the Book on Cool

I concur... the twist ending of Superior Spider-Man #1 is brilliant and unexpected so early in the run (not that it wasn't as unexpected say... in six issues).
    Dan Slott, you cunning devil! I'm so looking forward to what's coming next.

Wrote the Book on Cool 0bsessions's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pariscub View Post
    I concur... the twist ending of Superior Spider-Man #1 is brilliant and unexpected so early in the run (not that it wasn't as unexpected say... in six issues).
    Dan Slott, you cunning devil! I'm so looking forward to what's coming next.
    Haven't read it yet, but I read the spoiler. I will say the twist was expected, but the speed at which it occurred was not (I honestly expected the big twist to end up being that people would start figuring out he was Ock right away; logically anticipated but storywise unexpected). You'd think people would consider crawling out of his ass after the way he completely swerved the majority of people on Roderick Kingsley. Like his style or not, the guy's clearly thinking multiple steps ahead on all of his storylines.

As for Star Wars, that comes out today? Hot damn!